Deye 8kW losing grid settings after grid power loss

BobTheBuilder

During the recent load shedding my inverter lost power completely (there seems to be an unrelated problem with my batteries, so they were not supplying any power).

When it powered up again the inverter's grid setting had reverted from "220v Single Phase / 50Hz" to what I assume is the default, "120v/240v Split Phase / 60Hz". The inverter also shows 0v and 0Hz on the grid status screen despite the grid being present. The grid mode setting also reverted from "General Standard" to (the default?) "UL1741 & IEEE1547".

Manually changing the grid setting and grid mode to the right values seems to have no effect, the grid status still shows 0v and 0Hz.

This seems to be reproducible, in that the inverter can be powered down repeatedly while in this state and always loses the grid settings. It also seems to revert the "System Work Mode" back to "Selling first" and "Battery First", which is not the mode I was using prior to the power loss. It would therefore seem that all the settings in their entirety are reverting back to the default, although I have not exhaustively checked every one.

Since the inverter incorrectly claims the grid is not present, the AC passthrough does not work while the inverter is in this state, which is inconvenient to say the least.

Has anyone experienced anything like this? Is it indicative of a damaged inverter or does the inverter not bother writing settings to non-volatile memory?

• 1 year later...

Thank you, that is not good news.

My installer and supplier think he should upgrade the firmware, but cannot access their website since last week. If that does not work he will take it in for repair (only installed in July). I hope for the best.

What I do not understand is the next screen after you pressed the grid button on the first page. It shows "Grid" on top and below it "Standby" 0W; 0Hz and below it 424V;  .6A The 424V is a very strange figure. On the "Grid setting" age the "Grid mode" - "General Standard and "Frequency - "50Hz and "Grid type" - Single phase.

My brother warned me about Deye but I wanted to save a few Rands.