12 volt dc circulating pumps for solar powered hot tub

OldNewby

I have been completely off the grid for about a year now and have more urgent issues that need addressing regarding capacity for running my 12 volt appliances... but a project l wish to tackle in the near future is the converting of my conventional spa bath into a wood fire heated solar power circulated/filtered hot tub. It is a standard 4 seater tub ... I am in search of a supplief of 12v dc pumps and motors to replace the circulating and jet pumps. Does anybody have contact details of a cost effective supplier that is not going to cause me to abandon the project for unreasonably high priced pumps or motors... l have been shopping around online and most dc motor / pump suppliers pricing is prohibitive. Then the question must be asked has anybody adapted any other type of dc motor to run a circulating pump that might do the job?

Thank you

David

Well, you can look at boating shops, as they normally have 12V pumps.

Question is regarding the required pressure and flow you need.

Electric motors like you have in a hand drill, with brushes, can be run from DC valtages.