Good Affordable High Input Voltage MPPT

Tersius

In the near future I want to expand my current array and add a west facing array to the current north facing array. I'm looking for MPPT that can take a high voltage input so that I don't have to run thick cables as the west facing roof is further away than the current array.

I found the MLT Nomad that looks attractive so far. Can go up to 350V input. They go for around 14k which is not cheap but not unaffordable either.

Any others?

On a side note, for these prices it feels that buying several Axpert inverters are almost cheaper :D It's a pity there are so few high voltage MPPTs

Edit: The MPPT should also have some analog input to stop charging.

54 minutes ago, plonkster said:

Victron has a 4 models with a 250V input and ratings between 60A and 100A. Between 10k and 15k if I convert from Euro to ZAR.

I take it you can turn off the MPPT using an analog signal looking at the specs.

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Datasheet-SmartSolar-charge-controller-MPPT-250-60,-250-70,-250-85-&-250-100-EN.pdf

Remote on/off Yes (2 pole connector)

3 minutes ago, Tersius said:

I take it you can turn off the MPPT using an analog signal looking at the specs.

I think so. All models can be configured to take input from the vedirect port, but then you lose the communications of course. It is there so you can wire it to a BMS, so the BMS can stop charge. For simple DC systems with Lithium Ion packs where you don't have other equipment. It looks like these larger models also have a dedicated on/off connection so you don't have to sacrifice the vedirect comms.

Just now, plonkster said:

I think so. All models can be configured to take input from the vedirect port, but then you lose the communications of course. It is there so you can wire it to a BMS, so the BMS can stop charge. For simple DC systems with Lithium Ion packs where you don't have other equipment. It looks like these larger models also have a dedicated on/off connection so you don't have to sacrifice the vedirect comms.

That's what I'm looking for, as the Freedomwon bms has analog out to stop charging.