gosolr Any Experience or Installs with them ?

BigBear

9 minutes ago, Scorp007 said:

I think there are many options to scale a system. Panels being the easy one. 

Inverters choose carefully. A good call is to try and get what could be the end state here. 

This would be my call to start even if small. 

The one rent to own option I saw from my boss for a rental system was so high that it wasn't worth it by a long shot. 

Alumo seems much better but haven’t seen their fine print..

While renting may have lower upfront costs, the cumulative payments over the rental period could exceed the cost of purchasing a system. Renting involves signing a contract, and breaking it early might incur penalties and not to mention the de-installation fee. Ensure you understand the terms and conditions before committing.  Renting may limit your ability to choose the type and size of solar system based on your specific energy needs as some rental contracts won't allow appliances like aircons,geysers and heat pumps.Before opting for a rental, carefully compare the overall costs, contract terms, and potential benefits with those of purchasing to make an informed decision.

I got quotes from the following companies:

• GoSolr
  • Alumo
  • Hohm Energy
  • Versofy

I was not impressed with any of them, Hohm energy was the company that wanted to charge me a R22k project management fee.

There was a separate line item for installation & labour and another line item for the switch gear. I could not justify forking out an additional R22k for someone to make as profit for not doing all that much.

I was looking for affordability (prices they charge vs what I could purchase the items for) as well as what brands they had on offer (ie. Did they only offer SunSynk & Deye or were there other inverters on offer and the same with batteries).

End of the day, none of them were able to offer me any cheaper inverters such as the LuxPower or Growatt and none had more affordable batteries such as the Svolt batteries. Majority insisted on smaller panels in the 400w range (this is an issue for me in terms of maximizing roof space).

Maybe things have changed since I enquired with the above companies. I am not saying they are not viable options, although I would recommend them as a last resort and ensure people read through the small prints, T&C's and fully understand what they are getting themselves into.

If I was forced to go with one of the above, I'd likely look at Alumo or Versofy based on my experience. Versofy outsource to installers which are closer to your area (at least in my case) and this might allow for some slight customization of ones system.

1 hour ago, PsyCLown said:

I got quotes from the following companies:

• GoSolr
  • Alumo
  • Hohm Energy
  • Versofy

I was not impressed with any of them, Hohm energy was the company that wanted to charge me a R22k project management fee.

There was a separate line item for installation & labour and another line item for the switch gear. I could not justify forking out an additional R22k for someone to make as profit for not doing all that much.

I was looking for affordability (prices they charge vs what I could purchase the items for) as well as what brands they had on offer (ie. Did they only offer SunSynk & Deye or were there other inverters on offer and the same with batteries).

End of the day, none of them were able to offer me any cheaper inverters such as the LuxPower or Growatt and none had more affordable batteries such as the Svolt batteries. Majority insisted on smaller panels in the 400w range (this is an issue for me in terms of maximizing roof space).

Maybe things have changed since I enquired with the above companies. I am not saying they are not viable options, although I would recommend them as a last resort and ensure people read through the small prints, T&C's and fully understand what they are getting themselves into.

If I was forced to go with one of the above, I'd likely look at Alumo or Versofy based on my experience. Versofy outsource to installers which are closer to your area (at least in my case) and this might allow for some slight customization of ones system.

You can check out solar advice, they do a rent to own option as well. Not sure how their rent to own contract is structured though

Ps...personal experience with getting a quote and almost a system from Hohm energy...be very very careful, i was attracted by their "low deposit" advertising but they hide a lot in legalese, which ended up in them essentially requiring 100% payment upfront before installation starts which this 22k "management" fee was part of...which i did not like. I realize a lot of installers require a big deposits to cover the cost of the equipment, but be upfront about it and don't hide it in contract t & c's.