Nenergy 3.8KWh communication with Luxpower

Donalds

I am facing with some challenges. Luxpower SNA5000 inverter and 3.8 kw N Energy Lifepo4 battery. When I select an protocol for the Lithium battery I do get the 80Ah and then the battery voltage show 5 volt on the Luxpower inverter. tried different pin lay outs on the cable and no success with anything so the only option that i have now is to run it with the lead acid option on the luwpower. If any advice or if some one can assist with the BMS software to change the port settings ( I read it in a Forum that it is maybe possible to fix the problem)

Hi @Donalds, which pin layouts did you try on the RS485 ports? Does the inverter allow you to try different brand protocols?

Ultra Energy batteries seem to use the same BMS as N Energy. Seems as if the guy below resolved the issue, please try and share your experience: 

https://powerforum.co.za/topic/14485-luxpower-sna5000-wpv-showing-wrong-battery-voltage/?do=findComment&comment=137722

Good day

I saw what Neurik posted and i did DM him for the BMS software. It seems you need to change one setting in the battery units and then you just use pin 1 and pin 2 and i am waiting for my usb to serial converter to connect to the batteries. But with out the software i vant do anything 

Your post got me worried a bit, I bought the same equipment late March but only got it installed last night.

We also could not get the 3.8KW energy and Luxpower SNA 5000 Eco Hybrid to communicate. The inverter did read some info like Capacity etc but the voltage was incorrect 4.9V.

Let's share our attempts in this journey, I am busy trying to find more info on the BMS, there is a "COMS Setting with digital values "000" that can be set. I wonder if this is the protocol setting that could be changed or just COM port.

My BMS is written "Welcome to Bess" version "bms b005h30s11".

I am having regrets with not swapping this battery with Revov R100 since its supported with the latest firmware.

Edited by MightyDee

6 hours ago, MightyDee said:

Your post got me worried a bit, I bought the same equipment late March but only got it installed last night.

We also could not get the 3.8KW energy and Luxpower SNA 5000 Eco Hybrid to communicate. The inverter did read some info like Capacity etc but the voltage was incorrect 4.9V.

Let's share our attempts in this journey, I am busy trying to find more info on the BMS, there is a "COMS Setting with digital values "000" that can be set. I wonder if this is the protocol setting that could be changed.

My BMS is written "Welcome to Bess" version "bms b005h30s11".

I am having regrets with not swapping this battery with Revov R100 since its supported with the latest firmware.

Hi i will have a look again when i am back home. Just away for work now. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...