GROWATT SPH6000 TL BL-UP Battery hookup

wildgrav

Hi All

Has anyone been able to get a Leas Acid battery working with this inverter or any non-genuine lithium battery.

I just upgraded the firmware in the inverter and no better. Just upgraded Solar Assistant to Beta version to see if that helps.

Thanks 

Wildgrav

1 hour ago, wildgrav said:

Hi All

Has anyone been able to get a Leas Acid battery working with this inverter or any non-genuine lithium battery.

I just upgraded the firmware in the inverter and no better. Just upgraded Solar Assistant to Beta version to see if that helps.

Thanks 

Wildgrav

Normally it's easy to get lead acid to work with most inverters. Just ensure you go through the settings and do not put on a high load until the batteries are well charged. 

Follow the instructions in the manual is normally the easy way. 

Get the inverter working before adding another layer like Sa monitoring. 

Edited by Scorp007

I've spent weeks pressing buttons on the SPH . It sees the battery but won't interact with it. Won't acknowledge the battery on Lithium only lead acid.

I purchased a 48v charger to return the battery to full charge . I have tried other batteries as well in different locations as I sadly own a few SPH6000

Battery.png

Not sure what interaction you expect between Inverter and LA batteries. There is no BMS, so only the battery voltage is read and based on the voltage a rough estimate of SOC is calculated.
The Inverter has a USE mode setting which allows you to set the voltages according to whatever your batteries state they should be charged to.

Sorry, I missed the Lithium part. Have you tried contacting them to see which Protocol Growatt or Batrium suggests?
Surely with their claims of support and Growatt's quite wide BMS support protocols, there should be an RS485 or Li/BMS CAN protocol that will allow comms.

Suggest you contact the Growatt International Rep "Amos Yang". He is on Whatsapp and usually responds quite quickly. Perhaps he can assist in establishing the connection and Protocol for your BMS.  His number +86 132 6718 9226

I see on their community forum they talk about athe Pylontech CAN protocol. If that is indeed what they use then the Growatt Li Protocol 52 will be the correct one. You would however still need to get the correct pinout for the RJ45 connector CAN H and L on the battery side to ensure that comms can be established. 

The normal Growatt CAN RJ45 connector is as follows
image.png.1c9d82f79466ea2898940fa0e945f303.png

Edited by zsde

6 hours ago, wildgrav said:

I was just hoping for the battery to at least charge or discharge once .

The set of  Lithium batteries currently connected have their own BMS.

Another Rack Mt set don't but no one can get them to connect either.

I have built other systems using  BMS Battery Management by Batrium  in the past but none of that knowledge is serving me here.

Is your question not about getting lead acid to work. Here you mention BMS which is only used on lithiums AFAIK. 

• 3 weeks later...

If I set the inverter to lead acid it should only be looking for voltage is my theory. Tell me if I am wrong.

So regardless of what type of battery I connect wouldn't the LA setting say hello to the battery?

It sees the battery under LA , reports voltage , but will not draw or charge

I have no intention of running a LI without BMS

Vince fromSolar Assistant has been helpful but no win yet.

Growatt people say the only battery that will work is an ARK battery. If that is so then why have an lead Acid selection.

Beats me...... and others