Axpert 5kv settings

Ash.VF

Hi all

I am new to solar, but have the above inverter,  10 x 330W panels wired in 5 banks of 2 panels in series and then all 5 banks in parallel. 

For batteries I have the 2nd life Revov 48 v system (2 x 25v batteries and BMC).

I want to use solar as my primary source of energy during the day and then the utility at night etc with batteries only doing a backup role.

Looking at the manual, none of the settings match this. Is there any way I can achieve this without placing batteries under too much pressure? 

Many thanks

Ash 

11 hours ago, Ash.VF said:

Is there any way I can achieve this without placing batteries under too much pressure? 

For minimum battery use, yet solar power during the day, use setting 01 (output source priority) = SOL. This will switch the unit over to Eskom (if present) at dusk, and back to battery at dawn. It's not totally obvious from the manual that this is what happens.

• 1 month later...
On 2020/04/06 at 6:06 PM, Ash.VF said:

I am new to solar, but have the above inverter,  10 x 330W panels wired in 5 banks of 2 panels in series and then all 5 banks in parallel. 

Ash, did this panel configuration work out for you? I am new at this too and am trying to figure out a configuration with the same inverter/battery combination.