Pylontech BMS zero deg C charging

FixAMess

Yes, the BMS restricts the rate.

I found this out a few years ago because my stack is in the garage and the temperature in there got down to about 5°C during the first winter after I installed it.  The BMS limits both charge and discharge rates on a sliding scale depending on the temperature.

Since then I built a better stack with about 200mm of solid insulation around it and a proper heating and cooling system which helps to keep the temperature > 20°C in the winter and < 30°C in the summer.

This is the chart that I got for the US2000B, presume the newer models would have similar failsafes built in.

pylon.jpg

12 hours ago, martynw said:

Yes, the BMS restricts the rate.

I found this out a few years ago because my stack is in the garage and the temperature in there got down to about 5°C during the first winter after I installed it.  The BMS limits both charge and discharge rates on a sliding scale depending on the temperature.

Since then I built a better stack with about 200mm of solid insulation around it and a proper heating and cooling system which helps to keep the temperature > 20°C in the winter and < 30°C in the summer.

This is the chart that I got for the US2000B, presume the newer models would have similar failsafes built in.

pylon.jpg

Thank you very much, even Pylontech told me it does have low temp cutoff, but nobody has given me the actual parameters like you have!

• 2 years later...
On 2020/05/25 at 10:52 PM, martynw said:

pylon.jpg

Does anyone have this data for US5000 or know where I can find it?

Also, any idea if the quoted 6000 cycles assumes 0.5C (0.8C in the case of US500), or some lower value?