Relatively new to solar and looking for advice.

I'm running 24 325 watt panels through two 5 kva Mecer inverters, with two 7.4 kWh Solar Md Li Iron Phosphate batteries. (I know - now - I should have gone with different inverters but I will use these until they break). My challenge is that at about 20% remaining charge the inverters always kick me over to Eskom, even it's night time and there is minimal load on the system. I'm trying to figure out which setting I need to change on the inverters to at least get down to a 15 or even 10% remaining charge. What's annoying is that I used to be able to get that low  ut now can't even though none of settings have been changed. yes, I should ask my installer but he doesn't seem to be in business anymore. I've asked SolarMD as they re normally responsive to questions re batteries but as this is re inverter settings not getting an answer.

I'm guessing this is a pretty ignorant question, so my apologies  in advance.

Appreciate any help.

Edited by David B
correction

13 hours ago, David B said:

I'm trying to figure out which setting I need to change on the inverters to at least get down to a 15 or even 10% remaining charge.

I note that it's not recommended to discharge most LFP batteries below 20%, although there seem to me some that can go down to 5% now (e.g. US3000c).

The setting you need is setting 12, back to utility voltage.

You might be being bitten by an undocumented interaction between settings, see FAQ question 2.

Thank you Coulomb: Right now I have the following settings. Setting 12 is at 50, 13 is at 51 and 29 is at 48. Based on the FAQ question 2 then, I should set 29 to be 47 to get a deeper discharge? I have setting 5 at "use" - this was set by installer.

Thx again for any advice.

19 hours ago, David B said:

I should set 29 to be 47 to get a deeper discharge?

To go lower than 50 V before switching to utility, you need to put setting 29 down to 47 V AND setting 12 down to 49 V. Or if that's too far, you could adjust 29 to say 47.4 V; you get to fine tune the effective back to utility setting by changing the cut-off setting (which has higher resolution).

On 2020/11/25 at 3:19 PM, David B said:

I'm running 24 325 watt panels through two 5 kva Mecer inverters, with two 7.4 kWh Solar Md Li Iron Phosphate batteries. (I know - now - I should have gone with different inverters but I will use these until they break). My challenge is that at about 20% remaining charge the inverters always kick me over to Eskom, even it's night time and there is minimal load on the system. I'm trying to figure out which setting I need to change on the inverters to at least get down to a 15 or even 10% remaining charge. What's annoying is that I used to be able to get that low  ut now can't even though none of settings have been changed. yes, I should ask my installer but he doesn't seem to be in business anymore. I've asked SolarMD as they re normally responsive to questions re batteries but as this is re inverter settings not getting an answer.

I'm guessing this is a pretty ignorant question, so my apologies  in advance.

Appreciate any help.

Hi Dave, are you running the SolarMD V2 logger with your system?  The default setting if you are running the Axpert Ai software is to switch the Axpert to grid power at 20% and back to solar power at 30%