Sunsynk Inverter and ZTE batteries

Desh

Hi guys,

I've purchased one of the Sunsynk and ZTE battery combo's from the Power Forum store as a battery backup solution.

My electrician completed the install yesterday.

I'd like to find out if anyone else using the ZTE batteries with the can bus converter is able to see BMS stats on the inverter? 

Looking to find out the correct inverter settings, and the RJ45 to can hi and can low cable set up. 

Thanks

Edited by Desh
Spelling error

44 minutes ago, Desh said:

Hi guys,

I've purchased one of the Sunsynk and ZTE battery combo's from the Power Forum store as a battery backup solution.

My electrician completed the install yesterday.

I'd like to find out if anyone else using the ZTE batteries with the can bus converter is able to see BMS stats on the inverter? 

Looking to find out the correct inverter settings, and the RJ45 to can hi and can low cable set up. 

Thanks

Yes I have this setup, on the Deye inverter though.

Lithium Mode 0.

The convertor box they supply does not give Canbus over the RJ45, you will need to use the CAN+ and CAN- terminals on the convertor box and connect it to the CAN+ and CAN- ports either on the terminals of your inverter or u can do it on the RJ45 port with some trouble.

4 hours ago, excitedphoton said:

The convertor box they supply does not give Canbus over the RJ45, you will need to use the CAN+ and CAN- terminals on the convertor box and connect it to the CAN+ and CAN- ports either on the terminals of your inverter or u can do it on the RJ45 port with some trouble.

Thanks for your response. 

I managed to figure out the Can H and Can L pin out. Seems that my canbus converter isn't working correctly as the inverter does not pick up the battery info. Supplier confirmed that they'll swap out when they receive stock next week. 

• 1 year later...

Hi, I too have a sunsync inverter and ZTE batteries. I'm struggling to find the right rs485 to CAN converter. Could you please post pic of the converter and how it has been connected.

Have you connected solar panels to your system? If so, how have they been working out communications wise? Are the batteries performing well. 

Thank you