Axpert MAX2 and pylon batteries - read with Node Red

TjObie

I'm got a Axpert MAX with 3 Pylon 3.3k batteries and use ICC to monitor and that works ok.

BUT I am now trying to create my own simplified panel with Node Red and Grafana.
I managed to setup the Raspberry Pi with Node Red, Influx DB and Grafana and created the Dashboard.

image.thumb.png.ad6a2ea9230988825b2ac95b31be664b.png

This works quite well now and I can monitor the inverter basics on the RPi via VNC or on my local network with the RPi - IP on port 3000.

I used and adapted the Node Red code (thanks to Tejota) to pull data from the MAX RS232 port via a USB - Serial adaptor and the inverter supplied RS232 cable.

image.png.0d32a6de4a9465044d4ae2be641e7ed1.png

My next challenge is to read the Pylon batteries via the console port as I want start using some of the battery stats and switch some Sonoff switches .

I have the cable (USB-Serial to RJ45 - Pylon 3000C console port) that works with ICC and that works fine.
Can anybody help me to setup the Serial Port to read the Pylon Data into Node Red.

I did find the Pylon info where you setup a terminal at 2400 baud rate and send a 7E 32 30 30 31 34 36 38 32 43 30 30 34 38 35 32 30 46 43 43 33 0D ... then switch to 115200 baud and do the rest... this is above my capability.

I don't know how to dynamically switch baud rates, etc.... I found that when I start to fiddle with the 'serial in' node or create a second 'serial in' node in Node Red it screws up all my invertor data. 

Any help will be appreciated.

Tj

Hi @ThatGuy

ICC is great but a few reasons... 

ICC will read the MAX data but do not have all data on the trends for two MPPT's...  both on the Main dashboard but only 1 in the PV trend graphs ie  Watts/Volts/Amps per MPPT...

I prefer to have my own visual layout with the dashboards that gives me only the data I want to look at the moment... ICC don't keep yesterdays data graphs if it reboots, etc. and sometimes I like to look back at graphs from last week... I can look at the data on my tablet/phone without having to use econcms or vnc and even manipulate it in grafana and then also I started playing with the mqqt plugin which will allow me to write my own rules for switching the fridges geyser and other devices on and off when PV power varies. The features in Grafana is numerous ie alerts, etc

I just feel I have more control over the installation if I do my own software.

• 5 months later...
On 2021/03/24 at 5:17 PM, TjObie said:

I'm got a Axpert MAX with 3 Pylon 3.3k batteries and use ICC to monitor and that works ok.

BUT I am now trying to create my own simplified panel with Node Red and Grafana.
I managed to setup the Raspberry Pi with Node Red, Influx DB and Grafana and created the Dashboard.

image.thumb.png.ad6a2ea9230988825b2ac95b31be664b.png

This works quite well now and I can monitor the inverter basics on the RPi via VNC or on my local network with the RPi - IP on port 3000.

I used and adapted the Node Red code (thanks to Tejota) to pull data from the MAX RS232 port via a USB - Serial adaptor and the inverter supplied RS232 cable.

image.png.0d32a6de4a9465044d4ae2be641e7ed1.png

My next challenge is to read the Pylon batteries via the console port as I want start using some of the battery stats and switch some Sonoff switches .

I have the cable (USB-Serial to RJ45 - Pylon 3000C console port) that works with ICC and that works fine.
Can anybody help me to setup the Serial Port to read the Pylon Data into Node Red.

I did find the Pylon info where you setup a terminal at 2400 baud rate and send a 7E 32 30 30 31 34 36 38 32 43 30 30 34 38 35 32 30 46 43 43 33 0D ... then switch to 115200 baud and do the rest... this is above my capability.

I don't know how to dynamically switch baud rates, etc.... I found that when I start to fiddle with the 'serial in' node or create a second 'serial in' node in Node Red it screws up all my invertor data. 

Any help will be appreciated.

Tj

Hi Tj

Would you be so kind as to share the code for the CRC calculations for the inverter with me?

Secondly, have you managed to interrogate the Pylons successfully as yet whilst keeping your inverter online? (I am reading my pylons direct, but using Solpiplog for the inverter readings, I want to go direct to the inverter now..)

Regds

Ed

• 4 months later...