Utility power failing to disconnect

SMI

Question

Hello, I have 3 No. 5KW SUNPOLO SAKO inverters connected in Parallel with 27 No. 320Watts Solar panels (9 no. 320Watts connected to each Inverter), 2 No. 200Ah 48V Lithium Ion Phosphate Batteries.

The Inverter is connected in SBU mode, with setting 16 on OSO. My priority is to deactivate Utility power to the Batteries and load so I can enjoy Savings from the Grid. I have set OSO on timing mode (from 7am to 9pm). 

My concern is that when the Batteries are discharged (to under setting 12 voltage), utility power takes over, however after the Batteries are charged utility power does not cut off automatically untill I reset the system manually. Also during the day when we have abundant sunshine, once utility power is connected to the load and the Batteries, it fails to cut off. Please does anyone know how to automatically switch off utility power once the Batteries are charged.

Thank you

3 answers to this question

17 hours ago, SMI said:

when the Batteries are discharged (to under setting 12 voltage), utility power takes over, however after the Batteries are charged utility power does not cut off automatically untill I reset the system manually.

What is setting 13 (back to battery voltage setting)? It defaults to 54 V, which you should never reach if your battery is 15S (you didn't say what brand/model battery).

On 2021/03/29 at 10:29 AM, Coulomb said:

What is setting 13 (back to battery voltage setting)? It defaults to 54 V, which you should never reach if your battery is 15S (you didn't say what brand/model battery).

Hi.. Having the same issue as above. "The Inverter is connected in SBU mode, with setting 16 on OSO" but utility is still charging batteries. Have 3x 48v 4.8kwh lithium batteries connected. what should setting 13 be then? Or is there any other way to stop the utility from ever charging the batteries?

19 hours ago, D Kay said:

what should setting 13 be then?

To stop the utility from charging the battery, setting 13 (back to battery battery voltage) should be less than the present battery voltage. A few tens of seconds with that situation (and no exceptions) should have the inverter switch back to battery mode.

19 hours ago, D Kay said:

Or is there any other way to stop the utility from ever charging the batteries?

Have setting 12 (back to grid battery voltage) quite high. Say equal to the bulk/absorb battery voltage. Be aware of the interaction with the low DC cutoff voltage setting (setting 29); see FAQ #2.