mecer ivr-2400mppt 1800w fans runs constantly

Simplesimon

Recently changed my Fivestar 12v 500watt msw inverter for a new 24v Mecer 2400mppt 1800w msw inverter. Now my 800ah  batteries do not last through the night. Did a measurement and found the no load current usages are 0.3amps at 12v for the Fivestar and 1.6amps at 24v for the Mecer. Please any help to switch or disconnect the Mecer fans during the night . I live offgrid and have incubator running day and night for chicken eggs.

Edited by Simplesimon

• Simplesimon changed the title to mecer ivr-2400mppt 1800w fans runs constantly

I have an IVR-1200MPPT and the fans also run constantly. After giving it some thought, the inverter
- is either grid connected (and maybe charging)
- running in inverter mode
- or solar charging

which implies the inverter will be doing some sort of work most of the time. Therefore, the fans might as well be on.

I have banished my inverter to the laundry room and run an extension cable because the noise was driving me crazy.

I did some further experiments. I managed to disable the top fan and tested the amps with only one fan running and no load connected and it came down to 1.2amps at 24v. Therefore one fan is drawing 0.4amps. i also found that it is charging the batteries not to the correct level. I had to select the USE mode and made all manual adjustments. However i found that setting to 29 2v it regulates at 28.8v. and exact  similar situation on all other manual settings. It does not control on the voltage you set it at. This morning after first succesfull night in a week since new i found the cutoff voltage had returned to default by itself. I set it to 19.8v yesterday but this morning was on 21v again. So it does not retain the settings.

• 3 weeks later...

I had to re enable both fans because when using more than 1kw it needed the second fan. It starts my aeg tablesaw 1800w softstart but shuts off when testing my 2000w mitresaw. It resets the cutoff voltage setting to default after cutoff enables. This means i have to reset the cuttoff voltage setting everytime. Think there is still a few bugs in the software. I have reconnected my small fivestar for night usage and plan to switch off the mecer 2400mppt during nights because the mecer drains the batteries too fast using 1.6 amps without any load connected.