Solar Panels: favourite brand; & on a garage roof or house roof

StepbyStep

I'm starting to do research on PV panels (I didn't think I'd need to do it 3 years earlier than planned but someone in the house got the solar bug).

1. Are there any PV brands you prefer?

2. Would you rather install on a garage roof - flat, galvanised iron - or a house roof - sloped with old cement tiles from then Rhodesia. Currently there's an ongoing argument that's getting more heated about which would get more sun. I think the garage by about an hour, and I think the panels would be easier to install, clean and service if necessary. Both face the same direction NNE-SSW. 

1. depends on budget. personal rec: Sunsynk 5 or 8kw - bens: programmable, true hybrid. Work out your budget and demands.

2. again - depends on specific location. watch the sun a few mornings. there are also apps available - optimal tilt for e.g. that you can place on the roof angle of each to help make a call. garage roof - easily accessible but make sure not easily accessible to be stolen! but could be better in that no one knows you have solar.

Thanks Midas - I've downloaded optimal tilt so we'll see if that settles the arguments. You made some good points about the garage roof that I hadn't considered before. 

I've got a Sunsynk 5.5 and a Hubble AM2 to it's good to get more confirmation that was a good decision~