Dyness B3 - 3.6 Parameters

AntonDj

I am using a single Dyness B3 with RCT 8kw inverter.

Can someone please advise me what is a sensible cut off voltage for this battery.  Also need advise on a sensible back to grid voltage.  That will sustain battery for as long as possible but still keep me within warranty parameters. 

Thanking you in advance 

On 2021/07/27 at 10:23 AM, Dyness said:

Hi!Can you share the specific model of your inverter?

We recommend setting the battery discharge cut-off voltage to 46~47V.

Thank you .. I am also not getting communication it seems..as when power goes out battery shows full but inverter immediately reports low batt and shuts off.  My dip swith is 2 on..rest off.  Cable battery side pin 1 goes to pin 5 on inverter and pin 3 on batt goes to pin 3 on inverter. Please assist

Edited by AntonDj

4 hours ago, Dyness said:

image.thumb.png.93d757f36cc24fe7f825379163654a90.png

Hi,Antondj.Are there any alarms on the inverter?

If your problem is that there is still a problem with the communication between the inverter and the battery, I need you to confirm something.

Have you completed the basic communication settings between your battery and the inverter?

For example:

1.You should use RS-485 communication,and the dip-switch you need set to 0100(the DIP switch must be set when the battery is turned off).

2.You need to confirm whether the communication cable is used correctly,and i have attached the cable sequence diagram of the correct cable.

Please see my description.  I believe it matches yours?

My dip swith is 2 on..rest off.  Cable battery side pin 1 goes to pin 5 on inverter and pin 3 on batt goes to pin 3 on inverter. Please assist

4 hours ago, Dyness said:

In your inverter program settings, the 5 item should be PYL.

Once i do that communication is lost and it does not charge battery.  See attached

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-02 at 9.48.35 AM.jpeg

27 minutes ago, Dyness said:

I hope you will give me the SN of the battery as soon as possible to check the software version of the battery, because if the software version does not support communication with the inverter, it can only be used in lead-acid mode.In the lead-acid mode, the inverter can charge the battery, but there is no communication, so the voltage and SOC displayed by the inverter are not accurate.

IMG_20210802_114737.jpg

6 hours ago, Dyness said:

According to the factory shipment record I checked, the software version of your battery is not applicable to the inverter. You need to go to our third-party after-sales company Recron in South Africa to update the software program. The software program update is free. Which city are you in? ? I offer you the location closest to you.

Hi Can i not do this myself, i have to get an installer to remove the 30kg battery from a 3 meter cabinet and drive 50km to them and then do the same to reinstall which is going to cost a lot of money.  I am more than capable of doing the upgrade myself if given the procedure.  Please advise.?

3 hours ago, Dyness said:

The upgrade program requires special tools and it will be very troublesome. If the upgrade fails, it will be more troublesome to resume. Have you contacted Recron?

I am pretty sure if i can upgrade a battery if i can program and  upgrade firmware on swithes and firewalls.  This battery will be no challenge.  I have tried to contact them many times.  They took 30 days to reply.  Then more than a week.  I have sent email once again to repairs supervisor Werner Bezuidenhout on 28/07/21 again no response.  Good luck reaching them on phone and getting hold of him.  Tried many times.  Expanding on Dyness and buying instead of Pylontech does not seem viable in South Africa.  Especially if this is the level of  support.  Can the procedure and firmware be made available i will take full responsibility.

Edited by AntonDj

9 hours ago, Dyness said:

There will be a lot of work to be done every day at werner. I am sorry if you ignore your request. We will provide the best service for your battery, including the latest software update and battery warranty maintenance. , Dyness company has been committed to providing more portable energy storage products for mankind, and to contribute to the global sustainable development and the development of green energy. Hope you can support our products and work, thank you.

You cant say no to my request and in the same sentence tell me you will provide best service.  I will still have to waste my time effort and money to make Dyness work.

Edited by AntonDj