Taico tk2000 batteries

Nickso

Hello everyone.

I ordered a set of 3 batteries, lifepo4, 48v 50ah, 16s, from Alibaba. The price i got them at is around 690USD / piece shipped to Romania, all taxes included. After the order i started digging a little further and it appears that they don't have CAN, and the sales woman that i was in contact with said that the RS485 is not actually used, not even for connecting the batteries between them and for paralleling i should just connect them toghether...without any communications. 

They also sell something that seems very similar to the Pylontech US2000, and they charge another 100 USD for each. I think i am able to change my order for this other type, called TS2000 (very similar in name too), but i would ask you for some advice.

First of all, i like that the tk's are 16s, opposed to the 15s of the other model.

Second, i suspect that the woman can't be right about not being able to use the rs485 ports for communications...and they also have rs232 port. No software provided.

Please share your thoughts about this, because i kind of feel like this might be wasted money. Here, a pylontech US2000 sells for about 1150 USD ( more with over 50%).

My application will be to pair them with an Axpert King 5k inverter, to act like an online UPS, backed by a 8kw gasoline generator. in the future, i might add solar panels.

This is the model i ordered:

image.png.25a36f4b199536d827cc656926766825.png

image.png.2c3ce69a70db3d91df48872f831e9a54.png

this is the TS2000 model:

image.png.e9e4a53329bc4fa577096bd75b121759.png

Edited by Nickso
Added another photo