Solis 3 phase inverter max pwoer per phase

Zapnologics

Good day,

I am wanting to install a solis 3 phase inverter on a large household im looking at the 15kw.  However I cannot find any specs that say what the max load is per phase?

Use case I am trying to cover:

They have several geysers 4kw on multiple phases (some could even be on the same phase).  This is the main load.

What I want to find out is that if I get a 15kw 3 phase inverter. And lets say there is 10kw of solar available. Will it be able to direct 8kw to phase 1 with the two geyers on,  and then 1kw to L2 and 1kw to L3 ?

I have attached the data sheet, but I cannot see any info relating to the max power per phase.

Datasheet_S5_GR3P(3_20)K.pdf

6 minutes ago, Zapnologics said:

Will it be able to direct 8kw to phase 1 with the two geyers on,  and then 1kw to L2 and 1kw to L3 ?

No. These inverters will require 100% load balancing. Typically this is done by exporting the same on all phases, but importing what you need - ie the unbalancing is offloaded to the grid.

Oh serious?

So if I understand you, it will adapt to the lowest phase useage?

So if the load looks like:

L1 = 10A
L2 = 1A
L3 = 8A

all well under the 15kw ability,  then this inverter would only push 1A * 230V = (230W) into the ac system?  Even though there is more than enough solar and more than enough inveter capacity?

Edited by Zapnologics

You can configure it to either export without limit, limit to the lowest phase (like your example), or limit to the sum of power imported in your example case (assuming all phases power factor of 1):

L1 = 6.33A

L2 = 6.33A

L3 = 6.33A

Usually the config selected will be determined by how your utility supplier billing works.

Edited by P1000

6 hours ago, P1000 said:

You can configure it to either export without limit, limit to the lowest phase (like your example), or limit to the sum of power imported in your example case (assuming all phases power factor of 1):

L1 = 6.33A

L2 = 6.33A

L3 = 6.33A

Usually the config selected will be determined by how your utility supplier billing works.

Thanks for this. 

Well it's with eskom directly, so im sure pushing back would not be allowed. Im not sure what thier policy is on it. 

So what other options do i have?  Would i have to look at going for a hybrid inverter? Like the sunsync 12kw 3 phase?