Solar Inverter Installations - Luxpower

Leeshan

Hi All

Could someone please urgently assist me? It would be really appreciated.

I have a 5kVa Luxpower inverter with 4 X 545W Solar panels and one 4.8kWh Dyness Battery. The battery charges perfectly fine with the inverter through the grid and the system works. However, the solar panels are not picking up at all. No voltages and currents are showing and it stays on 0 for those values for some reason . I've checked my separate DC connection breakers and it shows power is coming in from the solar but nothing is showing on the inverter and there are no faults as well. There is also line arrow showing the solar to the inverter when I enable PV.

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Hi Leeshan. Did you confirm the polarity of the wires from the panels? Are the correct PV input mode selected? Did you use the app or a web browser on a laptop to configure the settings? I've noticed the app doesnt perfom as it should, using a laptop or PC might make a difference.

23 hours ago, jfg said:

Hi Leeshan. Did you confirm the polarity of the wires from the panels? Are the correct PV input mode selected? Did you use the app or a web browser on a laptop to configure the settings? I've noticed the app doesnt perfom as it should, using a laptop or PC might make a difference.

Hi JFG. Thank you very much for the reply. Yes we have confirmed that. When you say the correct PV input mode selected, which is the suggested mode? Should there not be a voltage or kWh rating already next to the PV icon even when a mode is not selected We did the settings on the inverter itself. Was it not supposed to be done that way? 

Thanks in advance for your response. Apologies if some of the above questions are obvious, I am still getting used to this.

22 hours ago, mzezman said:

Is the DC function turned on on the Inverter? The inverter could be on but the PV switched off - the inverter has 2 ON switches

Thanks for the reply. Yes the DC function is turned on. both of the ON switches on the left and right hand side.

1 hour ago, Leeshan said:

What voltage should I be expecting when measuring there

Check the VOC of your panels. I expect that to be in the region of 49V. X4 should give you around 190V at the Inverter (MC4 connectors disconnected to take the measurement).