5kva(4kw) Axpert Parallel problems

Timon

Hi

I am new to the blog and new to solar.....

I am busy building a off grid system. My system currently consists of 3 x 5kva(4kw) Axpert Units in Parallel single phase mode my firmware is U1 72 70

I have 20x 330W Solar panels in total. split up in 8 for first unit, 8 for second unit and 4 for third unit.

Then I have 16 x Trojan T105-RE battery's total of 450Ah. i have connected all 3 inverters on the same battery bank.

I have run one inverter for two months on my lights and swimming pool pump no problem. my problem started when i connected the three inverters up in parallel mode to supply the complete house....

the system run for about 2 hrs and then trip on Error Code 80(Can Data Error). Supplier suggested a faulty comms cable, swapped out cables but still all run smooth for 2 to 3 hrs then tripped again.

1) Anybody had similar problems? Or how good is these inverters running in parallel mode??  

2) What is the optimum setting for the Trojan on this inverters? I have read somewhere on the forum that this is not the ultimate battery for the system(Unfortunately i only read it after i bought the batteries:()

3)Is there a newer stable firmware out that that is better for the batteries?

Any help and suggestions will be helpful.

10 hours ago, Timon said:

1) Anybody had similar problems? Or how good is these inverters running in parallel mode??  

Hi Welcome Timon

The vast majority do not have trouble  paralleling these inverters. It could be a faulty parallel board if it is not a faulty parallel cable. That fault code is definitely associated with your parallel installation. Manual says if problem persist contact your installer. Try and get just two units up and running so that you can isolated which unit's cables parallel board might be the origin of the fault.

2) What is the optimum setting for the Trojan on this inverters? I have read somewhere on the forum that this is not the ultimate battery for the system(Unfortunately i only read it after i bought the batteries:()

You have enough panels for your batteries. The max bulk setting for the Axpert is 58.4V  and the Trojans want 59.2V. Perhaps you can force a longer absorb period using Program 32.

Float should be 54.0V. Remember to compensate for temperatures over 25°C.

3)Is there a newer stable firmware out that that is better for the batterie

@Coulomb and @weber have co-operated and produced their own firmware for the Axpert. It eliminates the bug with the vanilla firmware that causes the inverter to go to float too early.

http://forums.aeva.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=4332&p=66121#p66121. You can follow up here. 

Hi Chris

Thanks for the reply. I am busy downloading the new firmware will update over the weakened and let you know how it goes.

I will play around with two inverters to try and find the faulty inner board.