Sitting in the dark

Bobster.

So here's a thing. I have no power. Is there anything I can do about this?

I've been having an intermittent problem with the heat pump overloading the system in the mornings. Usually the Goodwe ES will trip and then restart. 

But I think I've been lucky as the trip has always happened whilst the grid is up. 

So I think that this morning the system tripped, but during a load shed. So now it can't restart. 

Or can it? There's plenty of battery left. The observed behavior is that the system will restart if there's grid or PV. Is there some setting I can change so that it will restart from battery? 

Oh! It just restarted. Grid is not up yet, so it needs very little PV to restart. 

Edited by Bobster.
Punctuation

• Bobster. changed the title to Sitting in the dark

Nothing helpful in the error log. This is usual for a trip: it can't write to the log file whilst it's shutting down. 

The blue grid light came on very soon after the fridges turned back on. So what restarted the system? PV light was on first. 

Currently the system is showing 135V on the east string, 98 on the north. Negligible power from PV though. All voltage, no current. All loads being serviced by battery. 

10 minutes ago, Bobster. said:

Nothing helpful in the error log. This is usual for a trip: it can't write to the log file whilst it's shutting down. 

The blue grid light came on very soon after the fridges turned back on. So what restarted the system? PV light was on first. 

Currently the system is showing 135V on the east string, 98 on the north. Negligible power from PV though. All voltage, no current. All loads being serviced by battery. 

Good you sorted. The joy of having panels and no cloud😀