Dyness B4850 BMS connect

Tsa

Has anyone successfully connected to a Dyness B4850 battery via CAN/RS485 to view cycles/SOH from the BMS?

I see many posts about this, but missing which hardware and pinouts are needed to achieve this. 

I have the Dyness Monitor SW, just need to cheapest option for hardware and relevant pinouts. 

TIA

Originally I was also under the impression that it needs the right cable. 
But there is a proviso on the SA site that I was not aware of. Seems with Dyness there is a restriction in terms of multiple devices reading the BMS data.

"If an inverter is already reading the Dyness battery, then SolarAssistant can not read the battery at the same time. The battery unfortunately doesn't support being read from multiple devices at the same time. Set SolarAssistant to "Use inverter values".

https://solar-assistant.io/help/battery/dyness

14 minutes ago, Douw G. Gerber said:

Just buy the right cable from the solar assistant guys 🙂

This is what I am leaning towards, but not 100% sure if it will work on the B4850 and which pinout and software(non solar assistant) to use with it. 

https://solar-assistant.io/shop/products/rs485_usb_self_crimp

Can then also use it on other batteries if I change in future.

Just needing a once of snapshot of the various states, not constant monitoring, so not worried about the multiple device reading issue. 

Perhaps it might work to extract the data if and when you then disconnect the CAN to the inverter. You may have to switch your Inverter to Voltage mode, then disconnect the CAN cable and then only use the crimped cable to SA. That may work.

2 minutes ago, zsde said:

Perhaps it might work to extract the data if and when you then disconnect the CAN to the inverter. You may have to switch your Inverter to Voltage mode, then disconnect the CAN cable and then only use the crimped cable to SA. That may work.

That is exactly what I want to do. Just need confirmation on the correct cable, pinouts and software for Dyness B4850(2.4kWh) battery.

• 3 weeks later...

OK, so I have the cable for RS485, but seems like the Dyness Software only works on CAN and RS232. 

Anyone successfully connected via RS485 to the B4850/B3 batteries and what software did you use?