Lithium Ion Battery Minefield - help! :-)

Muir

Hi All!

So, I've started on the loadshedding-backup-system journey. So far I've gotten a 24V 3.5KW MPPT hybrid inverter, and now I need a 24V 100AH LithIon battery. I'm on a budget and not jumping straight to Hubble. I see 24V 100AH Conderergy batteries, basically the cheapest (around R12k), and thought it was a misprint of Conderenergy, but...that's the name. Not much I can find on the internet about them and no reviews. And only 1 year guarantee. Next step up is the Esener 25.6V 100AH battery (about R13K). That's at least a name that pops up on some searches and forums, like this one. And has a 3 year guarantee.

Questions:

1. Does anyone know anything about the Conderergy batteries?

2. Although the Esener seems to be the fancier battery (shelf type vs old school box type battery, with longer guarantee), the Conderergy seems to have a small LCD display as well what looks like a circuit breaker. The Esener seems not to have a LCD display and also no circuit breaker. Can anyone explain the uses for these and their pros and cons?

Thanks so much guys and girls. Looking forward to your help!

Muir

On 2023/04/30 at 9:42 PM, Muir said:

Hi All!

So, I've started on the loadshedding-backup-system journey. So far I've gotten a 24V 3.5KW MPPT hybrid inverter, and now I need a 24V 100AH LithIon battery. I'm on a budget and not jumping straight to Hubble. I see 24V 100AH Conderergy batteries, basically the cheapest (around R12k), and thought it was a misprint of Conderenergy, but...that's the name. Not much I can find on the internet about them and no reviews. And only 1 year guarantee. Next step up is the Esener 25.6V 100AH battery (about R13K). That's at least a name that pops up on some searches and forums, like this one. And has a 3 year guarantee.

Questions:

1. Does anyone know anything about the Conderergy batteries?

2. Although the Esener seems to be the fancier battery (shelf type vs old school box type battery, with longer guarantee), the Conderergy seems to have a small LCD display as well what looks like a circuit breaker. The Esener seems not to have a LCD display and also no circuit breaker. Can anyone explain the uses for these and their pros and cons?

Thanks so much guys and girls. Looking forward to your help!

Muir

If you look at the logo, Conderergy and Conderenergy has the same logo, although Conderenergy doesnt feature the smaller batteries on their site, only the 48V SVOLT one, and from this is rebranding - The SVOLT rebranded as Conderenergy. So I dont know which battery the smaller one is a rebrand of.

All I do know is that my mother has one , 24V 100ah and so far so good.

I personally have the 51.2V SVOLT one and I also don't have any complaints, early days though.

I also see that Leroy Merlin has some conderergy panels, and those are also not on the conderenergy website, so my guess is not all their products are listed there.

I do see the trademarks:

image.png.080cc640d965893098286f33491e48d5.png

Edited by Eurard