Regulator and panel added to a Victron MultiPlus Compact 12/800/35?

Clivevan

Can one add a regulator and panel to a Victron MultiPlus Compact 12/800/35?

This Multiplus is a inverter/charger connected to a lifepo4.   It does not have solar capacity built in.

Is it feasible to add a panel and regulator and then charge the lifepo4 in parallel? This has become necessary because the power does not return after the loadshed and eventually one has to resort to solar.

1 hour ago, Clivevan said:

Can one add a regulator and panel to a Victron MultiPlus Compact 12/800/35?

This Multiplus is a inverter/charger connected to a lifepo4.   It does not have solar capacity built in.

Is it feasible to add a panel and regulator and then charge the lifepo4 in parallel? This has become necessary because the power does not return after the loadshed and eventually one has to resort to solar.

The external MPPT via a panel is the only way you can assist to charge the battery. 

The cattery doesn't care if the inverter or MPPT charges it. Just sort out the comms. and setup the MPPT for lithium. Best to use a Victron MPPT. 

21 hours ago, Scorp007 said:

The external MPPT via a panel is the only way you can assist to charge the battery. 

....   Just sort out the comms. and setup the MPPT for lithium. Best to use a Victron MPPT. 

Tx  so much that. May I impose further:

1. Sort out the comms?

2 Can I use a Victron PWM?

3 How do I size the panel and MPPT?

3 hours ago, Clivevan said:

Tx  so much that. May I impose further:

1. Sort out the comms?

Comms will be via the APP on your phone only when using a Smart MPPT. Models are like 75V/15A, 100/20, 100/30, etc.

2 Can I use a Victron PWM?

I have not seen the cheaper PWM in a smart version 

3 How do I size the panel and MPPT?

It depends on the size of battery. Then you have to ensure the MPPT is of a high enough voltage based on how the panels will be connected. Series or parallel. 

See below your questions for replies. Not sure if your inverter was made after the time that Victron changed the design to accept the VICTRON Connect APP. Speak tk a Victron dealer for specifics. 

• 2 weeks later...