Urgent advice needed on compatability

emm

Hi, new to the forum and need some advice. My batteries have completely failed and I am looking at changing to lithium. 

Current system 

12 x 250w panels

Masterpower MF - Omega- UM5kv3

I am looking at getting 1 pylontech 5000c at the moment and adding another at a later date. Supplier says my inverter is not kn the compatible list but should work with limitations if i adjust the setting manually (user defined) I can't figure out what he means by "with limitations" but just want to be sure I won't kill it like my previous set. I will be changing to victron inverter but that won't be before I replace the battery. Any help and guidance is appreciated. The local installers here are telling g me I need to replace the entire system because it is cheap rubbish....

Thank you 

If it is this inverter then it should work - it has comms capabilities via CAN and RS485 which the pylontech supports. It may be that the firmware does not recognise the battery but in that case you can run it using Voltage / user mode using the voltage settings supplied by the pylon manual. You SHOULD be fine. No need to throw the baby out with the bathwater

image.png.de613623ce1420a5a6b436cd001292b3.png

Edited by mzezman

1 hour ago, emm said:

should work with limitations if i adjust the setting manually (user defined) I can't figure out what he means by "with limitations" but just want to be sure I won't kill it like my previous set.

They likely mean USR mode aka Voltage specified,which works for most lithiums as their own BMS will generally tell you to f*off if you try exceeding their ratings

Thank you, I can't get the battery here on the island (I am in Tenerife), I have to import it from mainland spain so need it to work. When it comes to the settings, that's something I am unsure about. Is it relatively easy to work out?

I haven't had electricity for so long now and I am terrified of messing it up!  

2 hours ago, mzezman said:

If it is this inverter then it should work - it has comms capabilities via CAN and RS485 which the pylontech supports. It may be that the firmware does not recognise the battery but in that case you can run it using Voltage / user mode using the voltage settings supplied by the pylon manual. You SHOULD be fine. No need to throw the baby out with the bathwater

image.png.de613623ce1420a5a6b436cd001292b3.png

Yes that's the one  

I can't find the manual for your model now,but previous Pylontechs were fine with User-defined voltages

If you had used a LA setting on the inverter you would switch to USE,set the minimum float and bulk voltages,charge amps and be done pretty much

Edited by PsyWulf