Victron Bluetooth Dongle for BMV702

Gabriël

As an aside, what do you want to use it for? If you run the official Rpi version of Venus, you can use dup (the official firmware update tool) to flash firmware to it and read values from it, even update some items. I bet an Rpi is cheaper than the dongle :-)

12 minutes ago, plonkster said:

I bet an Rpi is cheaper than the dongle :-)

i have not investigated that route, it seems i can access the rpi via my present pc screen, keyboard and mouse. if so that should do the trick.  would there be need for an extra cable to the shunt or axpert? [stupid q i believe]

so if i get an rpi and am able to interact with it with my present hardware it would be far more cost effective for i can use the rpi for other tasks as well.

this is uncharted territory for me and i believe i will have to start with 'rpi for dummies' :mellow:

1 minute ago, gabriel said:

would there be need for an extra cable

You just need the vedirect-usb cable you presumably already have. Of course you can only connect it to one device at a time, so you cannot also have it connected to ICC. Same is true for the bluetooth dongle though, it plugs into the single vedirect port on the bmv, so you cannot have that in place and also use it with ICC.

To get it going, see here.