Axpert MKS II PLUS 5K-48V 450VDC MPPT FIRMWARE

Kalito

I need to install 77.00 firmware.  What is the difference between MKS II and MKS II Plus? I found out the hard way that they are not the same machines when I bricked one trying to give it firmware that would match other MKIIs in parallel.

Edited by Kalito

• Kalito changed the title to Axpert MKS II PLUS 5K-48V 450VDC MPPT FIRMWARE
23 hours ago, Kalito said:

I need to install 77.00 firmware.

Not in my collection, sorry.

23 hours ago, Kalito said:

What is the difference between MKS II and MKS II Plus?

I don't know. Plus usually refers to a smaller model, like 24 V and 3 kVA or so, that has a more powerful solar charge controller (some of these small models have 600 W solar chargers!). But you mention 5 kW so that's not it.

The Axpert MKS II is basically obsolete now. I don't think that Voltronic have produced any for many years. But the clone manufacturers seem to have come across design documents for them, so there are many MKS II clones about. Some of the clone makers may have enhanced the design in various ways, and these may no longer be compatible with genuine Voltronic firmware. My guess is that 77.00 is such one such incompatible clone firmware.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2024/01/23 at 1:03 PM, Coulomb said:

Not in my collection, sorry.

I don't know. Plus usually refers to a smaller model, like 24 V and 3 kVA or so, that has a more powerful solar charge controller (some of these small models have 600 W solar chargers!). But you mention 5 kW so that's not it.

The Axpert MKS II is basically obsolete now. I don't think that Voltronic have produced any for many years. But the clone manufacturers seem to have come across design documents for them, so there are many MKS II clones about. Some of the clone makers may have enhanced the design in various ways, and these may no longer be compatible with genuine Voltronic firmware. My guess is that 77.00 is such one such incompatible clone firmware.

The MKS11 Plus is a genuine Voltronics product apparently manufactured specifically for a particular company here. The model number is unique to the company that requested the build. Through them I got the firmware and unbricked the device!