Huawei PV Inverter max output power?

PJJ

Hello guys

We are considering getting one of the Huawei SUN2000 36KTL inverters for the farm, and we can always add more later if we want more PV, but my question here is, what is the max output power (Grid + AC from PV) that the inverter can pass?

Because we only want to install 30KW worth of panels for now, but our total power draw on a nice warm day goes over 150Kva, the only indication I get is a "Max Output current" rating that is stated as 60.8A, meaning (60.8 x 3) * 380V =  70Kva?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by PJJ

Huaweis  don't pass current they augment current to the max of their ability. So if the inverter is producing 25kW and the load is 75kW then 50kW comes from Eskom. The 50kW does not pass through the inverter. The inverter's output is added to eskom rather than the otherway around.

12 minutes ago, Chris Hobson said:

Huaweis  don't pass current they augment current to the max of their ability. So if the inverter is producing 25kW and the load is 75kW then 50kW comes from Eskom. The 50kW does not pass through the inverter. The inverter's output is added to eskom rather than the otherway around.

Thanks Chris!

But how does the Huawei know how much current is required?

2 hours ago, PJJ said:

Hello guys

We are considering getting one of the Huawei SUN2000 36KTL inverters for the farm, and we can always add more later if we want more PV, but my question here is, what is the max output power (Grid + AC from PV) that the inverter can pass?

Because we only want to install 30KW worth of panels for now, but our total power draw on a nice warm day goes over 150Kva, the only indication I get is a "Max Output current" rating that is stated as 60.8A, meaning (60.8 x 3) * 380V =  70Kva?

Thanks in advance!

No, In a triphase System, Aparent Power=1.71*380*60.8= 39.507 VA

Edited by Javi Martínez

1 hour ago, Chris Hobson said:

Hi You install a Huawei Smartlogger and enable its grid limiter function. It then gets the mix of solar and Eskom right so that you do not feed into the grid.  Yesterday visited a Huawei install I did in April and tweaked some of the settings. 

Thanks for the info Chris!

I also assume I could then later add more Huawei units in parallel and all of them connect to one smartlogger?