Kodak OG 7.2 Dead

re_modulate

Hey guys, 

I will try to not be salty but atm I am stuck and it is day 5 already.

Bought these inverters - two Kodak OG 7.2's (Axpert Max 7.2) in April of 2023.

Installed it, got it checked, tested and COC'd.

Machines running in PAL, got the whole house running via inverters.

23rd March '24, minding my business playing some CS, and BOOM!

I did not even suspect the inverter since the power stayed on via the 2nd machine.

Now, as I am walking around trying to find the source of the bang, I see a red LED-status on the SL- machine, and now realize "oh, so it must be this expensive thing that blew up".

After trying to reset the setup the machine still displays F08 and red LED. So I start to disconnect it and reroute house wiring to accommodate the reduced capacity, leaving me at the mercy of Utility again, sob.

According to the Solar-Assistant, there are no anomalies in the trends, the Bus Voltage remained constant throughout. 

I can only guess that it had to be a huge short circuit in the guts somewhere. I can see no soot/burns anywhere, and since the machine is younger than a year, I would rather have the supplier sort it out.

And here is where my problem starts...

Judging by the packaging, these items were basically picked up and delivered by a "middle-man".

This guy is abroad and phone-less atm, and the advice he has given - to speak to the original supplier directly - has only got me typing here in desperation.

What a dystopian situation.

Looking forward, I plan on getting a 3rd machine so that I can have one spare, and then I will also learn to do the repairs myself as well since companies nowadays seem to only aim for  making a quick buck and then disappear or ghost you.

Pity that machine nr.3 will probably have to come via a similar source...

And then regarding the screengrab of the Bus Voltage trend: I suspect the small dip where the cursor is to be the time of incident, however that is an estimation. The small spike after this is where I switched the bypass over to Utility-only. The highest value just before the drop-off before where the cursor is was 428Volts. Possibly might be that too, I wouldn't know.

And then lastly, if anyone has any info/material/resources/etc. to facilitate doing repair myself, please dump what you have? I would appreciate that a ton! Thank you :)

Cheers!

Bus voltage.png

As I just posted for someone else, search this forum for "repair journey started". User BritishRacingGreen has been tracing the schematics for these, and posting about various repairs.