Can we use different string configurations on each MPPT controller in an Hybrid Inverter

Nadeem Ahmed

I have recently installed an Hybrid solar inverter.  It is 6KW Inverter (IP65) with dual MPPT controllers.  It supports 9KW panels on both MPPTs (combined, meaning 4.5KW on each MPPT).  I have the following configurations of PV panels installed: -

MPPT1: 325W x 9 + 320W x 4 = 4205Watts (All connected in series)

MPPT2: 585W x 8 = 4680W

One of my friend mentioned that we should use the exact same configuration with both MPPTs.  Can someone please guide me on this?

Thanks in advance.

Nadeem

Onyx PV9000.pdf

Edited by Nadeem Ahmed

3 hours ago, Nadeem Ahmed said:

I have recently installed an Hybrid solar inverter.  It is 6KW Inverter (IP65) with dual MPPT controllers.  It supports 9KW panels on both MPPTs (combined, meaning 4.5KW on each MPPT).  I have the following configurations of PV panels installed: -

MPPT1: 325W x 9 + 320W x 4 = 4205Watts (All connected in series)

MPPT2: 585W x 8 = 4680W

One of my friend mentioned that we should use the exact same configuration with both MPPTs.  Can someone please guide me on this?

Thanks in advance.

Nadeem

Onyx PV9000.pdf 1.21 MB · 1 download

Without looking at specs the 2 MPPTs don't have to be the same value or configuration. Just as you don't have to use both. You can have 1 connected and the 2nd one future. That is a clear indication they don't have to be the same. 

5 hours ago, Nadeem Ahmed said:

Can someone please guide me on this?

As long as you dont exceed 500VDC per string to be safe you should be good.

On the 9+4 the 325w will work at 320w only meaning you will loss 45w which is minimal.

On 2024/04/06 at 1:13 AM, SYC said:

As long as you dont exceed 500VDC per string to be safe you should be good.

On the 9+4 the 325w will work at 320w only meaning you will loss 45w which is minimal.

Thanks for sharing your experienced views.