RCT 5KVA and Lithium battery settings

Ockie Olivier

1 hour ago, Mauritius B said:

Sure, but I still don’t understand why this is happening to Ockie with a 48v inverter and almost 7kwh battery capacity.

In fact, Ockie mentioned that his setup with the small 3kw and 1x UP2500 is working fine.

The small 3kW I guess is working off a different battery. 

Further because his battery is already low less than an hour after sunset being at 50V one must find the reason. Is it high load of battery not fully charged or?. 

Just my input based on the very limited information of the PV system. 

They say little information is always a dangerous thing. 😀😀

@Mauritius B Thank you for your response. I agree. I run 2 x US3000C Pylontech Batteries and have changed all the settings to what was recommended by you guys. I have changed the cable from the batteries to the inverter and still getting the error 4.

What worries me even more is that I am not getting the utility savings that I expected with my current configuration. 

1 x 5KVA RCT - AXVM3-5K48V inverter connected to 2 x US3000C Pylontech Batteries and 8 x Jinko/Tongwei 555W Mono Solar Panels 

As a matter of fact, before installation of this configuration, I was using on average 24KW of utility power per day. Now my average is 17KW per day. This does not make any sense at all.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ockie Olivier said:

@Mauritius B Thank you for your response. I agree. I run 2 x US3000C Pylontech Batteries and have changed all the settings to what was recommended by you guys. I have changed the cable from the batteries to the inverter and still getting the error 4.

What worries me even more is that I am not getting the utility savings that I expected with my current configuration. 

1 x 5KVA RCT - AXVM3-5K48V inverter connected to 2 x US3000C Pylontech Batteries and 8 x Jinko/Tongwei 555W Mono Solar Panels 

As a matter of fact, before installation of this configuration, I was using on average 24KW of utility power per day. Now my average is 17KW per day. This does not make any sense at all.

Depending on location but in Gauteng this time of the year like today your panels can deliver about 12 kWh per day if you use ALL the PV. 

Now it's a matter of finding out why you only yielding/using 7 kWh per day. 

I have only 2.5 kW string and expect to get 11 kWh from PV using ALL my PV. 

Edited by Scorp007