Difference between InfiniSolar Plus 5KW and InfiniSolar E 5.5KW

Can somebody explain the difference between these two models.  Obviously, I need to know the other differences beside power rating difference i.e. 5KW vs 5.5KW.  The other differences as obvious from their datasheet such as PV Operating Voltage Range etc. that I can get from their datasheets.  I am more interested in know the capabilities to maximize the use of solar and saving on electricity costs specially when using source priority SUB vs. SBU.

Looking forward to hear from experts.  Thank you in advance.

Basically, I am considering to upgrade my inverter from Infini V 5KW to Infini E 5.5KW.  The primary reason is not that extra 0.5 KW that I will be getting but primarily the MPPT Operating range (120V to 450V) is much better than Infini V (60V to 115V)

The other benefit I assume if the better mixing of Grid and PV where I feel Infini V is not very good at.  That I assume should give me more cost savings without having to switch between SBU and SUB.

Looking for expert's advice and opinion ... @Chris Hobson, @plonkster and others as well.

• 3 months later...

@Nadeem Ahmed,

Better late than never.

Just been checking... the V's operating MPPT voltage is 60-145 V.

In my view, if you have a roof layout that is fragmented, i.e. doesn't have the ability to put 7/8/9 long strings together without extra long interconnecting cables and connectors, then the V is a better fit.

I find the biggest drawback would be that the E does not stack (parallel operation), whilst the V does this.

Therefor the Plus could be a better fit, if you need higher MPPT voltage and parallel capability.