How much spare solar is blocked?

Keith

I am wondering how much spare solar members of this forum have that is blocked by Zero Feed-in controls? Collectively it could be considerable and every bit could help as it is distributed as opposed to one big input somewhere in the semi desert.

Anyone on the forum involved in “legalizing” export without having to register as a generator, having a feed-in tariff, etc.

my grid meter is a Hexing. See it actually knows the difference between import and export. Never been able to get an answer as to how it is programmed? Does it count export onto import? Or is it properly set up to register export in a separate register. So I block export just in case I have to pay for it.

1 hour ago, Keith said:

I am wondering how much spare solar members of this forum have that is blocked by Zero Feed-in controls? Collectively it could be considerable and every bit could help as it is distributed as opposed to one big input somewhere in the semi desert.

Nobody really knows, but I suspect about 30% of the total.

• 4 months later...
On 2020/01/27 at 4:31 PM, Keith said:

Anyone on the forum involved in “legalizing” export without having to register as a generator, having a feed-in tariff, etc.

my grid meter is a Hexing. See it actually knows the difference between import and export. Never been able to get an answer as to how it is programmed? Does it count export onto import? Or is it properly set up to register export in a separate register. So I block export just in case I have to pay for it.

Hi, 

I have been wondering the same thing, I also have a Hexing HXE12 electricity meter. I set my inverter to feedback 2000w for an hour, the meter shows the feedback sign on the screen however, instead of my units going up, it goes down as if I'm using electricity from the grid (essentially billing me for feeding back). So it seems the Reverse Energy Detection is preventing my units from going up. So I think there is a Token to disable RED, or the meter can be programmed to disable it. If anyone knows the token or can program the meter, I am interested.