Axpert Firmware - Noob

RiccoS

Noob here, I introduced myself but only got one reply so let me try here.

I bought a 5000W Axpert inverter from The Sun Pays over the weekend and did the installation, everything still running perfectly, no fires or casualties. 🙂

This morning I quickly hooked up a laptop to it check the firmware version as the display show U1 12 13 which if I google I cannot find anything on, on watchpower is shows Main CPU Firmware 00052.30.  From what I've seen on here the display should show something in the 70's region, I also found something on here that makes 52.30 sound very old.

Is the firmware update as  easy as rightclick on watchpower in the taskbar, software upgrade, manual upgrade, selecting the file and upgrade?

What is the latest version as most of the post are from 2019?

Unfortunately I don't have any more information on this inverter, see attached images.  BTW I'm currently only running utility input, no solar.

Box.jpg

Inv Side.jpg

Screen Firm.jpg

WP Firm.jpg

4 hours ago, RiccoS said:

I bought a 5000W Axpert inverter from The Sun Pays over the weekend and did the installation, everything still running perfectly, no fires or casualties. 🙂

This morning I quickly hooked up a laptop to it check the firmware version as the display show U1 12 13 which if I google I cannot find anything on, on watchpower is shows Main CPU Firmware 00052.30.

Thanks for the photo of the sticker; I'd not seen one before. It looks like the inverter-charger is a clone. The clues are: the sticker on sticker for the serial number, the format of the serial number, use of the "¢" symbol instead of "Φ" for "phase", the lack of a small date sticker, and the style of the bezel around the LC Display, LEDs, and buttons. It looks like the firmware is displaying version 12.13 on the display, while returning 52.30 from the QVFW command (which WatchPower will use to display the main CPU version number). 52.30 is quite old, from about 2013. It may be that the clone maker that TheSunPays buys from obtained a copy of the firmware back then, and has been tweaking it for their own uses. They possibly forgot to change the QVFW command.

It's possible that your inverter-charger's hardware is slightly different to that of Voltronic Power. So standard Voltronic Power firmware may not work at all in your machine.

Is the firmware update as  easy as rightclick on watchpower in the taskbar, software upgrade, manual upgrade, selecting the file and upgrade?

That seems to be the way to update WatchPower itself, not the inverter's firmware. Any firmware update files would have to come from your supplier, which I assume is TheSunPays. They would obtain it from the manufacturer, whoever they are.

What is the latest version as most of the post are from 2019?

If you mean the latest version of firmware for a genuine Axpert 5 kVA PF1.0 58.4 V inverter-charger, that seems to be 74.40.