another axpert charge rate question

bergie1

if i have 4x 100 AH batteries in series connected to the axpert 5kva 48volt inverter should i set the charge rate at 10 amps ( 10 %)?

or if i connect another 4 in parallel then i can double it to 20 amps?

its First national batteries sold as Bosch/Excel

also if i want to connect a battery monitor to the inverter and once SOC is 50 % then the inverter must switch back to eskom.

theres no solar connected and its used for load shedding

thanks in advance

3 hours ago, bergie1 said:

if i have 4x 100 AH batteries in series connected to the axpert 5kva 48volt inverter should i set the charge rate at 10 amps ( 10 %)?

Yes. 15 A would be permitted, but there is no 15 A setting. [ Edit: BTW, 100 Ah is very light for a 5 kVA inverter; 200 Ah is recommended. ]

or if i connect another 4 in parallel then i can double it to 20 amps?

You could increase it to 30 A (15% x 200 Ah = 30 A).

also if i want to connect a battery monitor to the inverter and once SOC is 50 % then the inverter must switch back to eskom.

If you are in load shedding, it won't switch back to Eskom. The best you can do without an external monitor is to put setting 29 (low DC cutoff voltage) as high as possible, usually 48.0 V, but if it will go so say 49.0 V, then you'll stop at closer to 50% SOC. Axperts are unfortunately not set up for regular load shedding. With a high value in setting 29, you'll get a low battery warning quite early, and when it disconnects, it will be through a fault code 04 (battery voltage is too low). Fortunately when Eskom power comes back, I believe it will exit fault mode and allow utility charging without having to restart. But meanwhile, there could be a lot of beeping.

I'll leave it for others to comment on external battery monitors.

Edited by Coulomb