5KVA Axpert PV Questions

Sakkie botha

I have a axpert 5kva 5kw high power inverter it can take 500v dc power from solar how much amps can it take from the solar panels the people from the sun pays said it can take maximum 20amps vrom the solar pv and 500v dc can Chris please help me it looks that he is the pro on the axpert inverters thank you sakkie 

6 hours ago, Sakkie botha said:

I have a axpert 5kva 5kw high power inverter it can take 500v dc power from solar how much amps can it take from the solar panels the people from the sun pays said it can take maximum 20amps vrom the solar pv and 500v dc

It doesn't seem to be clearly documented. Looking at the Axpert VM III firmware, there are clues that the PV maximum current is indeed 20 A. That means that you can achieve maximum power (80 A into 50 VDC, i.e. 4000 W) with 200 V of PV.

BTW, the 500 V figure is the absolute max never exceed voltage; MPPT range is 120 - 450 VDC. So you should never be operating above 450 V, but up to 500 V Voc when at their coldest is acceptable.

Not a reply on the topic, can somebody maybe refer me to an Axpert aficionado in the Krugersdorp area. I am just not sure if my inverters are setup to perform optimally. 

I am totally of grid and run the generator on rainy days, but it doesn’t seem like the generator is charging the batteries like it should. 

Can someone maybe point me in the right direction. 

Thanks

Edited by Justin64