Residential 3-Phase Grid-Tie with Battery Backup

Hi All, I trust we are all well.

I just wanted to pick your collective brain on a residential self-consumption 3-phase grid-tied solar system with battery backup design. 

• Essential loads night time energy demand: 2600W, 9.70kWh (during grid-loss events)
  • Non-essential loads day time energy demand: 45kWh
  • Solar panels: 16S1P Jinko 390Wp (49.3Voc, 41.1Vmp)
  • Battery Bank: 4S2P 12V 200Ah VRLA AGM
  • Off-grid single phase inverter: Axpert MKS 5K
  • 3-Phase Grid-tie inverter: Ginlong Solis 3P6K-4G

Electrical installation works are yet to commence and I've proposed putting all essential loads on one phase. The only 3-phase equipment include a 28kW central air conditioner and a pool pump.

In your opinion, is there a better and more affordable way of maximising the solar investment other than using an expensive 3-phase true hybrid inverter?

Residential 3P Grid-Tie with Backup.png

59 minutes ago, DeepBass9 said:

Is the solar and batteries supposed to drive the air conditioner, because at 28kW that will not last long.

No. The proposed design has solar panels connected to the 3-phase Ginlong Solis grid-tie inverter and batteries on the single phase Axpert 5K inverter.

5 minutes ago, DeepBass9 said:

Then there is no reason for a 3 phase inverter.

One objective is to save on electricity bills by supplementing grid intake with solar especially for the central air conditioner. 

16 minutes ago, DeepBass9 said:

You just bridge the 3 phases into 1 at the DB board and there you go

I'm pretty sure you don't mean that I simply bolt the 3 incoming phases together at the DB.

No, the 3 outgoing phases become one phase and run from a single phase inverter which you have on your diagram already.

The only thing then running on 3 phase, on a separate circuit is the air conditioner, so you can cost that against the 3 phase inverter directly.