Optimizing my systems

Hello all,

i am new to solar and still learning so please excuse the million odd noob questions.

i have 2x solar installations and i need help ensure i am getting the most out of them.

at home i have a Goodwe 4.6 Hybrid Inverter with 3x US3000 batteries coupled to 14x Canadian Solar 330w panels.

this system occasionally trips(usually when the coffee machine and kettle are on, and then my wife turns on a hairdryer) and for some reason the batteries seem to still be utilized when the 

now the tripping is tough to get around due to the way my house is wired. so many needed plugs are wired to other plugs that really should not be on backup. the only way to fix this is to run new cables.

case and point, my microwave and fridge are on the same circuit. its a little painful and irritating that we cannot use power as normal when we have eskom power. but again it is seldom that we pull such an amount.

the next issue is if my lights dimming when a larger load is turned on - ie a kettle. i get lights flickering and dimming which is also slightly irritating. i was told to put the Power Factor to 0.9. which seems to help. i know this effectively reduced my 4.6kw to more like a 4.14kw. but it does help tremendously. 

At my offices i have a Mecer 10kw Hybrid inverter, with 4x US3000 batteries coupled to 30x Canadian Solar 330w panels.

this unit has been sheer hell. its blow up twice and been repaired under warranty each time. its spend more time being repaired at Mustek than it has actually working.

my issue here is excess power generated does not seem to be feeding to the non-backup side of our factory (like my goodwe does at home)

i will pay someone to get this unit running optimally. 

the installer i used blamed the issue on the newer power monitor?(i'm not sure what it's really called, but it makes sure no additional power is pushed toward eskom). i find that hard to believe and imagine it might just be a setting issue

anyway, hello!

and thanks for your patience with me!

Having the device on the same line like the fridge and microwave should not be the cause of the trip. Except if you want to take the one off from the backup power to only be on utilities.
The circuit breaker in your DB will trip if that line pulls too much power. 
Now if your inverter trips, and you wanted to have all those items on the inverter, then the output for the inverter is too small. 

The Mercer inverters are Axpert clones. There are many models, so for them (and perhaps the Goodwe as well) it would be best to share the model numbers of those inverters.

20 hours ago, Louisvdw said:

The Mercer inverters are Axpert clones. 

I think the mecers are actually voltronic produced so are technically "original" (i.e. not clone)... it could of course be a counterfeit Mecer

21 hours ago, Furbz said:

this system occasionally trips(usually when the coffee machine and kettle are on, and then my wife turns on a hairdryer) and for some reason the batteries seem to still be utilized when the ...??????. 

now the tripping is tough to get around due to the way my house is wired. so many needed plugs are wired to other plugs that really should not be on backup. the only way to fix this is to run new cables.

Unfortunately I suspect you already have the answer to the home issue. Rewire and ideally have a second DB with all the backed up loads (and a transfer/bypass switch for if the inverter gives trouble). Only other option is to manually manage your loads better (wait before boiling the kettle)

21 hours ago, Furbz said:

At my offices i have a Mecer 10kw Hybrid inverter, with 4x US3000 batteries coupled to 30x Canadian Solar 330w panels.

my issue here is excess power generated does not seem to be feeding to the non-backup side of our factory (like my goodwe does at home)

I am often wrong but I am not aware of a Mecer/Axpert that can "feed back" to the non backed up circuit (even though it is called a "hybrid" it does not have the ability to push power back through the incoming AC side like the Goodwe).