Axpert King Connection for Setup Problems

capkasa

I could connect via Bluetooth to Android ONLY. But WatchPower doesn't have all the options as the desktop app. And Installation Instructions refer to desktop App.

- Bluetooth not working on iPhone WatchPower App
- Inverter doesn't show on Apple Laptop via Bluetooth when trying to connect.
- Connection to Apple Laptop via USB cable doesn't seem to have an effect or is supported by WatchPower
- Connection with a network or Cross-over cable from Computer Port on Inverter to Laptop doesn't give any network settings nor any signal to show the computer there is a physical connection.
- my PC is a few rooms away

Any ideas?

Voltronic Axpert VMIII-KING Settings.pdf voltronic inverter setup sop Inverter supplier.pdf

• 3 weeks later...

I have managed to get successful comms to macbook using the usb connection and watchpower. It takes a little while to connect. It may also have something to do with the kind of USB cable you are using, they are not all created equal. 

What looks like an ethernet connector (computer port) is actually a serial port. Why inverter manufacturers still use serial comms is totally beyond me.