ARTSolar

PlanB

A few months ago I procured a Victron Backplate with a MultiPlus-II 48/5000/70-48 Inverter and a MPPT 150/100

I also managed to get my hands on 1x 4kw and 1x 8kw BlueNova Batteries and for my PV panels I got 8x 440w half-cut large wafer cell monocrystalline percium panels.

Today I saw a reading of 3712 W charging  on the monitor .. I was expecting at the very best conditions 3520W (8*440) , so I'm impressed and very happy.

Is it common / Ok for panels to produce more than what is specc'ed?

I believe ARTSolar is a South African Company, and I can so far recommend their service and the panels.

Solar charge.png

• 8 months later...

My 6x370 ARTsolar panels have apparently given up after only 11 month of operation.

Here is my correspondence with the company. Everyone can decide for himself whether he wants to take the risk to purchase from these guys:

Hi Jordan,

My version of your warranty on the website, of which I took screen copies, looks a bit different.

The R500 fee for sending a technician on site is mentioned in this warranty.

Best regards
On 17.08.2021 08:44, Jordan Nair wrote:
Hi XXXXXX, 

Thank you for your response. Please see the attached warranty document. 

Please refer to section 10.7.:
Buyer a)Shall notify ARTsolar immediately after discovery of any claim under this Limited Warranty by e-mail to the customer support center: [email protected] specifying each alleged claim including evidence of the claims and the serial numbers of the Product(s) at issue. b) Any claim for breach of this Limited Warranty must be brought within 30 (thirty) days after discovery of the breach. c) The return of any defective Product(s) will not be accepted unless prior written authorization has been given by ARTsolar.
The above does not indicate that a technician will be sent out in the case of the warranty claim. Kindly confirm where you have identified the statement that a technician will be sent out in the case of a warranty claim. The modules will have to be returned to our premises for more comprehensive testing.

Please let me know your thoughts. 

Kind Regards,

JORDAN NAIR
C & I Engineer ARTsolar
attachment?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGc
+27 31 100 1019  | attachment?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGc +27 82 8711 737
|
[email protected]  | 
www.artsolar.net
DBN:
124 Escom Road Pinetown 3610
|
JHB:
126 Roan Crescent Midrand 1685
ARTsolar                                 (Pty) Ltd
Twitter
Facebook
LinkedIn
On Mon, 16 Aug at 2:55 PM , XXXXX wrote:
    Hi Jordan,
   Our installer is in Kenya installing solar systems.
  Your warranty states ARTsolar will send a technician in case of a warranty claim.
  I suggest you send one and if we are responsible for the non-performing panels we will pay the bill.
 That makes the entire much more cost efficient and you can be sure  its our fault and we all safe additional expenses for lawyers etc.
Best regards
On 06.08.2021 12:10, Jordan Nair wrote:
Hi XXXXXX, 
We require the requested information so that we may have a clear understanding of the installation. Once this information is received and the modules are returned to our premises, we can then assess the modules  and conduct more comprehensive testing. 

Kind Regards,

JORDAN NAIR
C & I Engineer ARTsolar
|
[email protected]  | 
www.artsolar.net
DBN:
|
JHB:
ARTsolar (Pty)                                                 Ltd
Twitter
Facebook
LinkedIn
On Fri, 6 Aug at 9:55 AM , Reinhard IRINA AFRICA SAFARIS <[email protected]> wrote:
Jordan Nair,

You never asked for any proof for the loss of performance.
Your questions reveal that you have no doubts that the panels lost 80% of their performance after only one year, you just look for a reason to blame it on us.

Best regards

On 6 Aug 2021, at 08:48, Jordan Nair <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi XXXXX, 

Thank you for your email. 

The certificate does not explain the 80% loss of performance. The certificate basically states that the installation itself was done by an accredited installer and is compliant with the relevant SANS regulations.
Please contact me on 031 100 1019 should you have any further queries. 

Kind Regards,

JORDAN NAIR
C & I Engineer ARTsolar
|
[email protected]  | 
www.artsolar.net
DBN:
|
JHB:
ARTsolar (Pty) Ltd
Twitter

• 4 weeks later...

ARTsolar refused to send a technician. I bought an Amp meter that can measure up to 100A and forced the Axpert into operating on solar. It turned out the ARTsolar panels are still working properly.

My problem is related to the batteries.

The batteries Kijo Lead Carbon Battery 12V 150Ah are 16 month in operation. I bought them from https://www.solar-shop.co.za/ . 

They discharge very fast. One of the batteries was broken from the start. They never replaced it and they never gave an explanation.

This time the people from Solar-Shop dont even reply.

Edited by Rinaldo

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020/11/20 at 10:34 AM, PlanB said:

A few months ago I procured a Victron Backplate with a MultiPlus-II 48/5000/70-48 Inverter and a MPPT 150/100

I also managed to get my hands on 1x 4kw and 1x 8kw BlueNova Batteries and for my PV panels I got 8x 440w half-cut large wafer cell monocrystalline percium panels.

Today I saw a reading of 3712 W charging  on the monitor .. I was expecting at the very best conditions 3520W (8*440) , so I'm impressed and very happy.

Is it common / Ok for panels to produce more than what is specc'ed?

I believe ARTSolar is a South African Company, and I can so far recommend their service and the panels.

Solar charge.png

Hi, which monitoring system do you use? and does it use Bluetooth or fibre?

• 2 weeks later...

My ARTsolar story continues. They send me an internal email through their ticket system:

Good day,

There is a new comment in the ticket submitted by Reinhard  to Support Portal
Comment added by : Yaadhna Surajbally
Comment Content: 

Hi Jordan

Did this guy ever get back to you? please make sure you keep his emails safe , as when these panels give him a problem
(which we know it will) his admissions to us will assist in terms of the warranty.

So, they know that the panels do have problems and prepare already for a warranty case.

Edited by Rinaldo