Axpert MKS III - RS232 problem

Montanarin

Hi all,

i try to communicate through WatchPower with an Axpert MKS III, with no success.

This inverter has the remote display, so i connect my 232 converter to the PC port available, Watch power does not work. Have you already found this problem? how to fix it?

thanks for help,

Best regards

Matteo M.

2 hours ago, Montanarin said:

i try to communicate through WatchPower with an Axpert MKS III

Are you using a recent version of WatchPower? The Axpert MKS III is a quite recent model; old versions of WatchPower may not know how to talk to it.

This site has Watchpower 1.14SP5 under "Monitoring Software".

Are you using the provided RJ-45 to RS-232 cable? A suitable and known-working USB to RS-232 adapter?

Hello Coulomb, thank you for your reply.

I will discharge the new WatchPower, anyway i would like to communicate with the inverter MKS III using a PC and the 232 protocol. Do you know if there is some problem dealing with the III version, maybe you can link me some documentations?

50 minutes ago, Montanarin said:

Do you know if there is some problem dealing with the III version

I'm not aware of anything specific, and I can't quickly think why it would need any special treatment.

You're possibly having the usual hassle of finding a USB to RS-232 adapter that Watchpower is happy with. See the recommendations here and here.