Battery capacity meter for LiFePO4

Solarphile

• 2 weeks later...

The only way to know for sure to a degree of accuracy is to track the amps in/out of the battery, voltage trackers will give you an estimate. LifePO4 is more stable than Lead-Acid in term of voltages so it should give you a good idea but I wouldn't trust these on Lead-Acid batteries. I recently got myself a Victron Energy SmartShunt 500A/50mV, lovely piece of equipment!  

I decided to order one and do some real life testing to see how accurate it is. If it is accurate within 10% I will be satisfied. I am awaiting delivery of the item. 

8 hours ago, Alex said:

I recently got myself a Victron Energy SmartShunt 500A/50mV, lovely piece of equipment! 

I am sure this comes at a lovely price too 😁

I suppose the Victron BMV is the best option, but at R2500 it is a little out of my budget right now. 

Same I’ve wanted a Victron BMV for years but couldn’t afford one. The SmartShunt is a new product (never seen it before) it’s the BMV without the display which connects via Bluetooth. Got one for R2100 over Black Friday. Worth the years of waiting, gives me reliable information. 

632C4DAA-3FC5-4FCC-9E8C-15C06D542276.jpeg

B642685C-8434-4E50-B57A-B180B86C9E98.jpeg

CB9CFA2A-B386-40F7-8495-57AA99D7AE6D.jpeg

Edited by Alex