Solar Room Design

Muchachos

Hi,

I am looking moving house to a place that I am building from scratch and need some advice on what to keep in my mind when building a room for the solar system.

My current system is Victron Quattro 10KVa with a 250V/100A MPPT and pylontech batteries. It’s is installed in the garage because that is where the DB board is.

In the next how I want this to be in a separate room but need to make sure that to cooling is right so that I don’t end up with fans to cool down the MPPT.

Any ideas on what solar rooms looks like? 

Can you put home automation kit in the same room as your solar kit since the batteries and network switches need a rack?

26 minutes ago, Muchachos said:

I don’t end up with fans to cool down the MPPT.

Don't forget about cooling the Pylontechs - they really want to stay at 20-30C for optimal lifetime.  Remember that they generate heat due to their internal resistance, so unless cooling is provided they can get quite warm.  The quoted 6000 cycle life is at 25C - it drops to 4300 at 40C and 2400 at 50C.

I have my inverter/battery room on an outside wall.   Whenever the outside air is cooler than the batteries air from outside is circulated through the battery enclosure to cool them (to minimum 20C).  In the day they heat up due to charging - the heat generated goes up with the square of the current, so slow charging is good if you can.

13 minutes ago, Calvin said:

I have my inverter/battery room on an outside wall.   Whenever the outside air is cooler than the batteries air from outside is circulated through the battery enclosure to cool them (to minimum 20C).  In the day they heat up due to charging - the heat generated goes up with the square of the current, so slow charging is good if you can.

This sounds cool. Can you share the photos? Do you have windows as well?