SOC and Pi

Petrie

Question

Looking for an answer.  I have 5kw Axpert with 10kw Revov batteries and ICC Pi3.  After lightning yesterday, the system is a bit confused.  Battery volts are 55 which is full, but SOC shows only 36%.  All else is working fine.  Please advise.

pi.JPG

3 answers to this question

21 minutes ago, Petrie said:

I have 5kw Axpert with 10kw Revov batteries and ICC Pi3.

You haven't said whether you connect to the battery's BMS with a special cable, so that ICC reads the SOC from the battery BMS. Or if you have a Victron BMV or similar that ICC connects to to read the SOC.

If it reads it from the inverter, it will be an almost useless guess assuming lead acid chemistry. But since it is displaying 2 digits after the decimal point, I assume that's not the case.

Perhaps the external BMV or BMS was damaged by the lightning? If a BMV, it might just need to see a certain battery voltage that it can call 100%. Maybe the BMV lost its settings? You have to set up some values like tail current, Peukert coefficient, and so on. I don't know if ICC takes care of that, or you have to do it yourself.