Voltex 12v 1kVa inveretr not charging battery

DaveS

Good day all,

I have a voltex  12v 1kVa inverter that seems fully functional except the battery is not being charged while mains is available.

The negative wire from the secondary winding of the charging circuit was loose and could have made contact with the PV +ve terminal (See circled lug in attached picture)

There does not seem to be a soft start psu,even if there was,it would appear to be working as the LCD shows normal display with a flashing green charge LED(not sure if that is normal)

Fault LED not lit.

The system psu seems to be at top right of PCB(circled) has output voltage and the SMD 7805 output voltage is stable.

Checked the rectifier on the secondary of what I think is the charger transformer(bottom left of PCB),tests OK.

No other obviously damaged semiconductors,replaced the through hole  UC3845,near charger transformer,as a guess with no change.

Can anyone help with a tip where/what to look for please ?

Is there a way to "factory default" these inverters ?   That seems to resolve many software issues on other electronic equipment I have worked on.

20210429_162504.jpg

20210429_162523.jpg

20210429_162533.jpg

20210429_163628.jpg

On 2021/04/30 at 2:17 AM, DaveS said:

Can anyone help with a tip where/what to look for please ?

As you probably know, these models are different from the 5 kVA models in that they have a separate AC battery charger; they don't use the inverter in reverse to charge the battery from AC-in. You might find some simplified schematics in some of the service manuals; check the files section of this forum.

On 2021/04/30 at 2:17 AM, DaveS said:

Is there a way to "factory default" these inverters ?   That seems to resolve many software issues on other electronic equipment I have worked on.

The PF command does this; WatchPower should be able to send it. I don't think that it will help.