Kodak OG5.48 Firmware for Giter Battery (Needs LiB)

DrLoLCat

Hi, I have a VMIII and I need to update the removable screen firmware to a version that supports "LiB". This is according to the supplier what is required for the VMIII to communicate with Giter batteries. I see "LiB" has been remove in the latest removable screen firmware.

My firmware is however old.

U1: 41.14

U2: 02.40 (Can I update this to 02.49, using the below while keeping U1: 41.14)

U3: 00.24

Is it possible to flash the removable screen with a USB cable only or do you need RJ45 serial?

@Coulomb

Edited by DrLoLCat

5 hours ago, DrLoLCat said:

Hi, I have a VMIII and I need to update the removable screen firmware to a version that supports "LiB". This is according to the supplier what is required for the VMIII to communicate with Giter batteries. I see "LiB" has been remove in the latest removable screen firmware.

Support for the LiB protocol was removed in removable display firmware version 02.62, but reappeared in 02.63 and 02.66. My guess is that it was removed because the Hubble batteries dropped it, preferring CAN communications over RS-485. Then (again guessing) when other battery BMSs used that protocol, they figured they might as well re-instate the protocol, since it was already developed.

As far as I know, you may as well use a later removable display version; I've just uploaded 02.66.

My firmware is however old.

U1: 41.14

I have not studied the VM firmwares much, so I don't know if they support all the commands required of the most recent removable display firmware. My guess is that it will be fine, but you may have to update your main firmware. There are some more recent VM III firmwares available, e.g. 91.20.

U2: 02.40 (Can I update this to 02.49, using the below while keeping U1: 41.14)

It looks like 02.49 supports the LiB protocol, but I don't know how up to date it is.

Is it possible to flash the removable screen with a USB cable only or do you need RJ45 serial?

No. It looks like the USB library code is fairly large, and it might not fit into the space that they have reserved for the bootstrap loader for the removable display firmware. So the RJ45 serial port has to be used for display firmware.