BSL Bull wall mounting tips

Parrot

I need advice for wall mounting 2 BSL batteries, the photo shows pretty much what I want to do.

Any advice considering the 100kg weight, has someone done this before, any tips to consider?

photo.jpg

Edited by Parrot

25 minutes ago, Parrot said:

I need advice for wall mounting 2 BSL batteries, the photo shows pretty much what I want to do.

Any advice considering the 100kg weight, has someone done this before, any tips to consider?

photo.jpg

That's a neat way of installing them. You will have to make up the bracket, plus minus 4 hours' work if you have the tools, alternatively get someone to do it for you. 

At the risk of stating the obvious, the expansion bolts in the wall would need to be of good quality and thick enough, You can the use normal rack-mount screws, nuts and grommets to secure the batteries to the bracket.

I used geyser brackets to mount my Pylontech rack, which, considering that a 200l geyser full of water is roughly 500Kg, is over-engineered, because the rack with 3 batteries weigh under 100Kg, Yours will look far nicer. If I were you I would also include an angle or flat iron running horizontally between the vertical brackets (between the batteries and the wall), that way there would be ample space for some more expansion bolts.

• 8 months later...
On 2021/05/25 at 5:32 PM, Parrot said:

any tips to consider

Fabricating battery wall mounting angle brackets

1) It's easier to use 20*4mm MS flat bar compared to MS angle line. 

2) If using an MS angle line, then make separate left and right angle brackets with the corner edge resting against the battery. This is to allow unrestricted access to the anchor bolts on the vertical arm of the bracket.

3) Consider leaving approximately 25mm (1 inch) gap between the battery and wall for interconnection cables. This means the horizontal arm of the bracket should be slightly longer. The end result is you can pass interconnection cables behind the battery instead of them resting on top of the battery.

Edit: Attached LibreCAD drawing for LHS/RHS wall mounting brackets for the BSLBATT1627080619_BSL8.2kWhAngleLineBracket-Isometric-1.thumb.jpg.1cc1e78a0ce6036f312f77ecb0544292.jpg 8.2kWh battery.

Edited by Kilowatt Power
Include image