Reverse Flow Prevention

CDL

Hi guys,

I have a Victron Quattro that is grid connected. Even with the settings correctly configured (ESS), I'm still getting a bit of reverse flow into the grid – about 26 kWh per month on average. Besides the fact that it is technically illegal, the way our municipal meter works, the flow is calculated as being municipal consumption. So we pay for the power that goes back. What is the most suitable and effective way for me to prevent reverse flow? I read about contactors, diodes… And where would I probably best source it online (South Africa)?

Any help is much appreciated.

Best,
CDL

Edited by CDL

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Dylan said:

Its more when a high wattage load drops the power must go somewhere and goes into the grid for few seconds. Would also be interested in a solution.

AFAIK the inverters normally throttle back in 2sec. It would appear as if you say switch of a 2kw and it happens twice a day then less than 100Wh would be exported. 

OP is talking about 26kWh per month. A dummy 200W load for 4hrs per day 30 days a month could prevent 24kWh being exported and paid for as usage.