Anyone using an Axpert with Removable Display and BMS via CAN bus?

Coulomb

Earlier I posted about the CAN bus hardware in the removable displays of Axpert inverter-charger models such as the King, VM III, MAX, and others. But now I can't find the CAN support code, and it doesn't look like the CAN registers are used, or the CAN specific interrupt vectors.

[ Edit: Sigh. I must have been looking with mud in my eyes. I now see that protocols WEC (Weco) and SOL (Soltaro) use the CAN bus only. ]

As a point of interest, is anyone successfully using one of these models with a BMS using a CAN bus port?

It seems odd to provide the hardware, and not support it in firmware. Especially when the CAN bus is as popular as it seems to be.

Edited by Coulomb

I found that protocols WEC (Weco) and SOL (Soltaro) use the CAN bus, not the RS-485 bus.

So my question extends to: Is anyone using either a Weco or Soltaro battery with an Axpert-like inverter and a cable between the removable display and the battery's BMS?

Put another way, is anyone running an Axpert-like system with battery type set to WEC or SOL?

I'd be interested in the cable pinouts.

• 4 months later...

Hi @Coulomb,

Did you find an answer for this. I am looking for Pinout of my Axpert VM III BMS port for CAN-BUS. 

My intension is to convert my DIY battery BMS into a Pylontech protocol and talk to the inverter.

Thanks.

8 hours ago, Isuru said:

Did you find an answer for this.

Well, I did find the CANH and CANL pins on the port, and that's basically what you want. The question I was asking was: is anyone using it. From the deafening silence, I'd say it's no, or at least no-one who happens to read this forum and cares enough to answer.

It's a bit hard to read now, with all my changing of mind, but it's in this post: