Growatt SPF 5000TL HVM-P : Firmware pack with instructions

SiliconKid

Hi all

Last year in February I installed an SPF5000TL HVM-P Inverter with 2 x US3000 Pylontech batteries, and ever since then it has been quite the journey to get everything working exactly the way I wanted it, without issues.

I have only just recently achieved a state of operation that I consider to be optimal, where everything works to my satisfaction, including the Wifi data logger and remote monitoring.

To achieve that state of Inverter nirvana required many hours (days) of fighting with hardware, communicating with Growatt reps in China, and flashing firmware in my garage myself like a mad scientist.

Finding the right firmware has always been a challenge because there is no official repository of Firmware for Growatt Inverters and Growatt do not want us to maintain our own equipment, so we (the PowerForum community) have had to source the Firmware piece by piece through direct communication with various Growatt reps, over time.

I have decided that it is now time to release my full curated and organised library of firmware and information to everyone.

You will find the entire library here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1rySPfRIlk29Ij3wTQlYmuqM0dSTr_UHd?usp=sharing

PLEASE NOTE:

• Everything you find at that link is SPECIFICALLY for the Growatt SPF5000TL HVM-P Inverter.
    Do NOT flash any other Inverter with those ROMs. Not ever. For any reason. Ever.

• I only use Pylontech batteries and some of the information might refer to Pylontech specifically.

• Growatt DO NOT approve of us flashing firmware to our Inverters over USB ourselves, or at all for that matter, and I have also been told that I should only be flashing firmware through some kind of USB emulator device.
    I have personally never had a problem flashing over USB from a Windows 10 notebook without an emulator device, but I know what I'm doing and I'm methodical and careful.
    You flash at your own risk. Both firmware, and in public parks.

• I do not have any Solar panels attached to my setup. It is configured as a pure battery backup / UPS solution. I have seen that other users of the same Inverter have had issues specific to Solar and I have very little knowledge on that sub topic. It is very possible that certain Firmware updates included in the link above may improve your experience with Solar, but I make no specific claims with regards to Solar and you should consult with other PowerForum users who have hands on experience with Solar connectivity with the SPF5000TL before you do anything crazy.

DISCLAIMER:

I am providing this link, and these ROMs and tools, as a public service because I know how frustrating it is to not have this freely and easily available, and how hard it is to find this information and data, BUT I DO NOT TAKE ANY RESPONSIBILITY for what you choose to do with it.

I am not responsible for firmware adventures that go bad and result in the loss of life of Inverters because they were bricked because you forgot to charge your notebook battery before you started flashing or your cat jumped on the USB cable and pulled it out half way through a ROM flash.

I take NO responsibility for the consequences of your chosen actions, I am only the provider of information and knowledge. What you choose to do with it is on you.

DISCLAIMER ENDS

With great power (and a lot of ROMs from Growatt) comes great responsibility.

Good luck, and happy flashing

SiliconKid

Edited by SiliconKid
Spelling mistake

I share your frustration. I've been trying to get the latest firmware for the SPF 3000TL since I installed it about 3 months ago. I sent numerous emails to service@growatt - and received 2 replies (both asking for my location: Brazil, BTW), then nothing. Nada. Zip. How did you go about getting updated versions?

• 3 months later...

@SiliconKidHi Silicon Kid. I have 2 x growatt spf5000tl hvm-p inverters and 6 pylontech us2000c batteries. If li-02 is selected i get max charging current of around 20A enough to charge 1 battery really. The firmware is version 500.07/002.03/null. If I upgrade to firmware version 11 does this fix the charge problem ?

• 1 month later...
On 2022/02/19 at 10:29 AM, Jeff K said:

@SiliconKidHi Silicon Kid. I have 2 x growatt spf5000tl hvm-p inverters and 6 pylontech us2000c batteries. If li-02 is selected i get max charging current of around 20A enough to charge 1 battery really. The firmware is version 500.07/002.03/null. If I upgrade to firmware version 11 does this fix the charge problem ?

Try upgrading first to 500.09 and also update your comms and BMS firmware . if it still does not work, check your cable connections id they are all tide.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2022/06/06 at 8:25 AM, Jeff K said:

Thanks fatboy. I have upgraded to version 500.11 and same problems. Can you confirm if 12 does cause a fan fault or not? Thanks

Sorry Jeff for the late response. Fortunately I have not had any problems with my 500.12 for the past 8 months. My inverter fan has been working quite well.

Screenshot_2022-11-14-19-54-32-243_com.growatt.shinephones.jpg

52 minutes ago, Nasser said:

Dears

can this update work with spf 5000 es?

Read the instructions again. The OP provided all warnings.

"Everything you find at that link is SPECIFICALLY for the Growatt SPF5000TL HVM-P Inverter.
Do NOT flash any other Inverter with those ROMs. Not ever. For any reason. Ever."

• 4 months later...

Hi all.

I have problems running two SPF 5000TL HVM-WPV in parallel mode (with a stack of 2 US200 and 1 US200C).

First inverter I bought without the parallel interface, and added it later when I bought the second one.

First inverter is labelled "SPF 5000TL HVM-WPV", second "SPF 5000TL HVM-WPV-P", I suppose the "P" at the end just means it was factory built with the parallel interface.

1st inverter is running on 008.003/009.03/null softwares without problem in solo mode (even with the parallel board installed). It is running my setup alone for now.

2nd inverter is running on 048.02/049.02/null softwares, and there is a 1st issue with BMS communication, nether been able to have it communicate with the pylontech batteries. I tested it with the cables and also the BMS board from the 1st inverter, without success.

I asked Growatt for some help but didn't had any answer.

And secondly, if I try running the setup without BMS communication (setting the 2 in inverters in User battery mode), when all is configured in parallel mode, without error on any of the inverters, I can't have the inverters outputing anything, the outputs nether activates.

I am considering upgrading the 2 inverters to the same firmware, but am not sure that the firmwares included in SiliconKid's package woud be ok, and wouldn't want to end with none of my inverters running...

Anyone know how to ensure version compatibilty in such a case, or have clues about the problems I encouter?

Thank's for any help!

Screenshot_20230411_152320_growatt_1_shinephones.jpg

Screenshot_20230411_152633_growatt_2_shinephones.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
5. When SPF 5000ES Has Loud Fan Noise, You Can Try To Upgrade Firmware Below:

Please note that these firmwares below ONLY can be ugraded via newest control board that starts with 67.** Please don’t upgrade them via old control board with 40.**

image-6.png

F2809_SK067.F4_20221027_A

V103_SK068.F4_20221027_A.bin

5000es my version is

problem is Loud Fan Noise

can not Upgrade Firmware with the cable came with inverter (like printer usb (b) soft isptools v4.3)

Although he used the same driver of cable on win10 

Thanks

• 6 months later...