Geyser Aux Power

RemeJuan

Question

Finally got my setup finished, Sunsync 5KW with Hubble AM2 and the 540w panels.

Yesterday the installer finished everything, was some trial and error getting it to push back to the geyser, but it was working, PV draw spiked when I turned the geyser on, Grid levels remains at trickle settings so all looked good.

Today, no joy, geyser went on at noon and the PV relaxed at under 300w.

This morning I updated the work mode settings as the battery switched off and went back to the grid last night with the default settings, not sure if that could have messed with things.

Tinkered with mode 2s settings and only managed to briefly push over 4kw to the grid, or maybe just the CT clamp, not my area of expertise, but the grid gauge on Solar Assistant was in the negative.

Not sure why it worked yesterday and not today and other than the work mode settings, everything else I tinkered with I restored to their previous, other than that the only difference between today and yesterday is the dongle was plugged in, but I cannot image that could be the cause?

is this a settings thing I can do myself or do I ask the installer to re-re-re-check the wiring?

current settings

161661EF-31D3-44C9-A5DF-752BBBE128B2.thumb.png.487904d114f5f1c1de6372ff70c90615.png

TIA

4 answers to this question

20 hours ago, RemeJuan said:

Finally got my setup finished, Sunsync 5KW with Hubble AM2 and the 540w panels.

Yesterday the installer finished everything, was some trial and error getting it to push back to the geyser, but it was working, PV draw spiked when I turned the geyser on, Grid levels remains at trickle settings so all looked good.

Today, no joy, geyser went on at noon and the PV relaxed at under 300w.

This morning I updated the work mode settings as the battery switched off and went back to the grid last night with the default settings, not sure if that could have messed with things.

Tinkered with mode 2s settings and only managed to briefly push over 4kw to the grid, or maybe just the CT clamp, not my area of expertise, but the grid gauge on Solar Assistant was in the negative.

Not sure why it worked yesterday and not today and other than the work mode settings, everything else I tinkered with I restored to their previous, other than that the only difference between today and yesterday is the dongle was plugged in, but I cannot image that could be the cause?

is this a settings thing I can do myself or do I ask the installer to re-re-re-check the wiring?

current settings

161661EF-31D3-44C9-A5DF-752BBBE128B2.thumb.png.487904d114f5f1c1de6372ff70c90615.png

TIA

is the geyser connected to the aux port? If yes, you will need to configure the aux port.

1 hour ago, phidz said:

is the geyser connected to the aux port? If yes, you will need to configure the aux port.

@phidzHave you configured Aux before for GEN/MicroInverter/Output ?

Do you know if one can feed 800W in via 2nd Inverter through Gen port configed as MicroInverter ?

16 hours ago, Gidsie said:

@phidzHave you configured Aux before for GEN/MicroInverter/Output ?

Do you know if one can feed 800W in via 2nd Inverter through Gen port configed as MicroInverter ?

Hi, mine is configured for output, I power the geyser if there is excess production. I have not used it for anything else.